Water leakage into Exp. LTD from Moonroof | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Water leakage into Exp. LTD from Moonroof

greatnews

Reaction score
City, State
Bayonne, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 LTD
We had some heavy rain here last weekend and I noticed that water was leaking into my 06 Exp Ltd where the garage door controls and front internal light controls are. The button that is pushed to turn on/off the light is where most of the water was coming out of. What could be causing this? The moonroof was closed properly while it was raining. Thanks for any help.

Seals can go bad and such, I would check your local dealer and get it fixed quickly

-Drew

Sunroof Leak

POPULAR BELIEF IS THAT THE SEAL AROUND THE SUNROOF GLASS IS WATER TIGHT---WELL IT IS NOT NOR WAS IT DESIGNED TO BE , MOST LEAKING SUNROOFS ON LATE MODEL VEHICLES LEAK BECAUSE OF DRAIN HOSES THAT HAVE COME LOOSE FROM THE SUNROOF FRAME. (YES THE SUNROOF HAS DRAINS, INFACT IT HAS 4. ONE IN EACH CORNER , AND HOSES THAT RUN DOWN THE FRONT WINDOW PILARS, AND CENTER PILARS OF THE VEHICLE) THE SECOND POSSABILITY IS A DRAIN OR DRAIN HOSE THAT HAS CLOGED.. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS IN BASIC WARRANTY COVERAGE THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO VISIT YOUR DEALER FOR A WARRANTY REPAIR .. :usa:

Yup me too...

When the truck sits in the rain for a night the next day it would leak in at the sun visor connection to the roof and the buttons for the lights in the overhead console. Took it to ford and waited for the leak guy to come and fix it.

Sad thing is, I've owned 2 ford explorers a 98 and an 06, they both leaked.

Good thing is, once the leak guy works on it, it usually doesn't leak after that.

Brother owns a Yukon and his sunroof leaks too!!!

Roveer

Back