Weird gap in the registration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird gap in the registration

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford, ONTARIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I just did a carfax report on my car and some weird came up with the vehicule historyand the number of owners.
It's 92 Explorer.

Copied and Pasted straight from Carfax:
Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 04/27/2001 Ontario
2nd owner 04/14/2002 Ontario
3rd owner 06/26/2002 Ontario

How could the first owner only be from 2001 ? Does it mean that the truck was sitting somewhere for 10 years ?

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

09/12/1991 NICB
Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
dealer

04/27/2001 Ontario
Ministry of Transportation
Southwestern Ontario
New owner reported

There again, what does this mean ? How could the first owner have the car 10 years after it was build ? Anybody has a clue about that ?:eek:

it was probably owned by the dealership bank.... meaning a ford authorized bank...... as long as the bank owns it, it can have multiple owners and still have been owned by the bank..... like case in a lease or a repo

I got one (free promo) for my BII, and found the same thing. Big gaps in the history, interesting warnings, and other things. Just enough information to be dangerous (they did acknowledge it has a salvaged title), but not enough information to be useful (when was the original salvage title issued, Early ownership history, etc). I will say this for my Carfax report: I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.

carfax isnt really a good thing to use.... it only reports stuff that insurance companies report..... my explorer says i am the 3rd owner and it has a clean title... i have wrecked my truck personally 3 times and its now a convertable... also been in probably about 5 other accidents with it... none of them show up anywhere other than on my driving record.......

Back