were to buy e-z locker not a dumb question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

were to buy e-z locker not a dumb question

mitch

Reaction score
City, State
high point, NC (home) charlotte, NC (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited
Before you come to any conclusions on how stupid i am hear me out.
i want to put a detroit e-z locker in the fornt of my x. I have the dana 35 and will be putting 4.56 gears in there. I have been to everyoff road aftermarket store on the internet and could not find one to fit my specfic model. I went to tractech.com who makes the locker and saw that they do infact make it for my front axle. But searching the dealers web sites i cant find it. I see the one made for the solid axle 35 but not the dana 35 ttb or even the 35 ifs. Could i use the one for the solid axle or is there a web site that sales it for my axle. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks mitch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about the locker, but when I got my gears, all I needed for sure was reverse rotation d35 r&p. That's what I have and it works great. I also have a limited slip in the 35, but it was listed as the d35 ifs for 91-94 explorer
I got my LS from 4wheelparts, but I'm sure you've checked there already.
I'm not sure if standard vs. reverse rotation matters in lockers, but I hope at least a little of that rambling helped :eek:

You're stupid.

Not sure if the the one for the solid axle 35 is the same or not. I bet most of the places that you checked just dont have it listed on there sight as it is a low volume item. Give the places you checked online a call and see what they say about it. Make sure you have the part number infront of you too to make sure they give you a quote for the right part.

j602 said:
You're stupid.
hey now, I said I wasn't sure if it mattered or not. at least I actually have a front axle with gears and a traction device and a driveshaft. note that burn :p

rino351 said:
hey now, I said I wasn't sure if it mattered or not. at least I actually have a front axle with gears and a traction device and a driveshaft. note that burn :p

Actually I was referring to thread starter who said not to tell him how stupid he was or anything. I was being a smarta$$. Besides, your burn was ghey. :D

I figured that's what you were talking about, considering he set himself up for that one.
I was just playin around with ya.

about the burn, ummm, okay whatever :D

oh yeah, back to the original topic, I know for sure you can get an Aussie Locker. I don't think I've ever seen an ez locker for the 35, but I could very easily be wrong since I'm stupid :D
check out www.aussielocker.com

aussie lockers are out of stocked, i emailed and called them no response yet. (did this yesterday really). Heard they have great customer support, but i have to wait and see on it.

I emailed them like a week and a half ago, and they had the d35 and 8.8 in stock and ready to ship out.
I might get the aussie locker for the 8.8 because it's cheap, strong, and they have good customer service
maybe you caught them at a bad time

rino351 said:
I emailed them like a week and a half ago, and they had the d35 and 8.8 in stock and ready to ship out.
I might get the aussie locker for the 8.8 because it's cheap, strong, and they have good customer service
maybe you caught them at a bad time

cool hopefully they get back to me soon then, noticed bill the owner has posted on other forums and stuff, which is cool. Cheap and strong is always good, read about 10 reviews on them before decideing

standard or reverse rotation does not matter.
the solid axle 35 will work up untill the mid 90's. if you get a application guide from the powertrax site just cross check the part numbers for your year rig for the other year axles.
The locker in the front of my explorer came out of a jeep
it will be for sale here in a few weeks after I put my 44 in.
there is a mod you may need to do for your c-clips, either grinding a small amount off the c-clip or use a spring in the outer axleshaft to keep your axle in. I ground mine and have had no problems.

Back