What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Thanks for the link I just bought one, great idea, much better use of that console.

Agreed. Although when one of your biggest gripes about the Ex is how the console is just a giant pit I suppose things could be worse. :)

Just ordered mine today, should be here Wednesday. When my wife is on her Christmas break Alfred will be put on blocks/jack stands and the calipers will be painted. Then (hopefully) the Livernois tune after the first of the year (assuming Mrs. Squirrel is still on board with it.)

Add me to the list. Mine came in a few days ago. Quite a handy little cubby.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked up a Yakima Whispbar snowboard rack!

15390688_10211234590718038_5973267337852768332_n.jpg

The quality of your pictures is always so good, I vote you do an online Explorer photography course on the forum!

BTW I found those wheels in Gun Metal Grey, man do they look good!

Console divider came today. Things are now much, much better organized in there. I appreciate the heads up about it. :)

Installed the LED puddle lights yesterday, I was amazed how bright they were last night.

I think I need a console organizer now.

20170101_145749.jpg

Pardon Alfred being so dirty, but I've been excited to do this project for a while now so I wanted to show it off. G2 orange brake caliper paint (yes, I know the lighting here makes it look a bit reddish.) Now that I've got this done (as well as deleting the XLT and 4WD emblems from the rear) the next step is doing something with the ovals. I want to totally replace them with either black or Canyon Ridge colored ovals, but haven't got Mrs. Squirrel to sign off on that yet (in time, hopefully.)

Anyway, in a couple of days I'll get him cleaned and shined up and get a better 'outdoorsy' picture of him. :)

So I swore my 14 Sport would stay stock as it is my daily driver, but I'm stalled out on the project Camaro so the bug finally got the best of me.

Today I installed the Morimotor HID conversion kit. Pretty straight forward and as others have stated the bulbs really do fit horribly. After some carpal tunnel inducing twisting I think I have them good enough. Went out for a test spin and all I can say is the difference is Night and Day. I think partially because they are fairly bright, but the factory bulbs were horrible. I thought I was getting to the age where my vision is bad at night, but now I think it's just that I actually have headlights now.

Probably the more fun part is I ordered the Livernois tuner and thermostat. Looking forward to that coming in and getting it installed and seeing how much it wakes the truck up. I remember my first drive I thought it had so much sneaky power, but I think the sneak effect has worn off and I've gotten used to it. Time to turn up the wick a bit.

What are the preferred plugs to run?

LED FOGS, Rigid Industries Light Bar
image_zpsfqiekzqh.jpg
Hey there Bkyln...
Looks like you have a bicycle carrier. I 'm looking for one for my 15' Exp Limited. What brand did you buy? And is it the Tow Hitch version?

Thanks!

View attachment 94836
Pardon Alfred being so dirty, but I've been excited to do this project for a while now so I wanted to show it off. G2 orange brake caliper paint (yes, I know the lighting here makes it look a bit reddish.) Now that I've got this done (as well as deleting the XLT and 4WD emblems from the rear) the next step is doing something with the ovals. I want to totally replace them with either black or Canyon Ridge colored ovals, but haven't got Mrs. Squirrel to sign off on that yet (in time, hopefully.)

Anyway, in a couple of days I'll get him cleaned and shined up and get a better 'outdoorsy' picture of him. :)

Are those the stock breaks? I was looking for Brembo breaks but they don't have one specifically for the Explorer. I want red calipers. That looks sweet. I'm assuming you did this yourself?

KESncZt.jpg
IEhICAj.jpg

1140907009355857.jpg

New diameter is 70mm of exhaust pipe, including the X-pipe that the inside of the silencer and the exhaust valve, but the down pipe is original.

Exhaust temperature and boost value of original exhaust pipe.

KESncZt.jpg
IEhICAj.jpg
qpsjuyn.jpg
1140907009355857.jpg

New diameter is 70mm of exhaust pipe, including the X-pipe that the inside of the silencer and the exhaust valve, but the down pipe is original.

Exhaust temperature and boost value of original exhaust pipe.

Do those Brembo Brakes/Calipers come in red? Where did you find them? I've bee searching wth no luck.

Are those the stock breaks? I was looking for Brembo breaks but they don't have one specifically for the Explorer. I want red calipers. That looks sweet. I'm assuming you did this yourself?

I'll let the owner confirm, but those aren't stock breaks. That looks like a Brembo BBK with 2 piece rotors. I bet that's big $$

I'll let the owner confirm, but those aren't stock breaks. That looks like a Brembo BBK with 2 piece rotors. I bet that's big $$

Sadly, I don't care as long as the calipers come in red LOL. I'm an easy sale when it comes to something that I want!!! Thanks for the feedback.

Sadly, I don't care as long as the calipers come in red LOL. I'm an easy sale when it comes to something that I want!!! Thanks for the feedback.
Mine are the stock brakes, yes. I used a G2 caliper paint kit on them. It's an epoxy kit that brushes on that's made specifically for brake calipers. Took about 3-4 hours to do (have to wait an additional 2-3 hours before you put the wheels back on, though.) Mine is actually orange (hard to tell in the pictures, but they have many other colors, too (including red.) Just a bit over $40 a kit.

I'd really like Brembos, but that's a fight I'll never win with the wife. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-...d=1483726403&sr=1-2&keywords=g2+caliper+paint

Mine are the stock brakes, yes. I used a G2 caliper paint kit on them. It's an epoxy kit that brushes on that's made specifically for brake calipers. Took about 3-4 hours to do (have to wait an additional 2-3 hours before you put the wheels back on, though.) Mine is actually orange (hard to tell in the pictures, but they have many other colors, too (including red.) Just a bit over $40 a kit.

I'd really like Brembos, but that's a fight I'll never win with the wife. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-...d=1483726403&sr=1-2&keywords=g2+caliper+paint

I actually bought that for my Tahoe and I think I'll use it again. It's really good stuff. I've got a garage here in town that does work for me. I'm unhandy when it comes to doing things but for pumping gas :p Great looking ride. As for the wife, tell me about it. I'm going to have to find a good reason for powder coating my wheels when she's sees the bill on our credit card.

Flashed a 93 performance tune from Livernois Motorsports today. Whoa man what a difference. Nice crisp shifts, breaks loose all four on mostly dry pavement.

[QUOTE =“jonnoriega,post:3594319,member:317434”]那些Brembo剎車/卡鉗是紅色嗎?你在哪裡找到他們?我有蜜蜂搜索沒有運氣。[/ QUOTE]

This is Brembo OEM in Taiwan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you but hard to follow in taiwan even translated. Thank anyway!

Back