What did you pay for your Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you pay for your Explorer?

Unfortunately, I Inherited my 2014 XLT when my parents died In November of 2016.
It is a nice vehicle to own a drive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Be careful of listed prices on websites. I went to/spoke to at least 6 different dealers in MD/VA. Many would quote a price to me that included military and college discounts just to get me to come in. I knew about this little trick and started asking them to provide that as a final price in writing. None of them would. I agreed to drive an hour to one dealer once they promised me the price in an e-mail. Once we arrived they proceeded to go back on their statements and say that the price quoted did not include destination and delivery, even though I had the e-mail printed out and in hand. So we walked out.

The only dealer that actually stuck to their word was Academy Ford in Laurel, MD. They gave me a price quote and when I arrived they had the paperwork ready with the agreed on price clearly listed. We couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough. Saved a lot vs. the other dealer prices. I was specifically looking for a magnetic and they had it delivered the next day. Couldn't have been happier with the process.

I picked up a 17 Sport a couple weeks ago for 39k out-the-door.

You Sir, practically robbed the dealership.
$39K out the door for a 2017 Sport is unheard of.

I knew it was cheap after having watched these for years. I set out hoping to get one for $42k. There are a few Explorer Sports at dealers in the DC area right now that are being advertised with an Internet price of $39k- $40k.

Details please

It's just a base Sport in Smoked Quartz Metallic. Had 38 miles on it. The dealer (Cowles Ford) had it listed on their website at $39k, which was the price I got it at including destination. It seemed like a _great_ deal, but after looking around at other dealerships in the DC area, I found 2-3 more under $40k. I can only imagine they wanted to move them for 2018s coming...no idea.

Note mine did not come with the hood lettering, which was a factory screw up. It does have the Sport badging on the rear. Dealer offered to put the lettering on, I haven't decided yet.

M2CRa2M.jpg

You Sir, practically robbed the dealership.
$39K out the door for a 2017 Sport is unheard of.
Details please
It's just a base Sport in Smoked Quartz Metallic. Had 38 miles on it. The dealer (Cowles Ford) had it listed on their website at $39k, which was the price I got it at including destination. It seemed like a _great_ deal, but after looking around at other dealerships in the DC area, I found 2-3 more under $40k. I can only imagine they wanted to move them for 2018s coming...no idea.

Note mine did not come with the hood lettering, which was a factory screw up. It does have the Sport badging on the rear. Dealer offered to put the lettering on, I haven't decided yet.

M2CRa2M.jpg
nice deal

The current net price for a 2017 Sport with 400A package is $43,550 plus whatever the tax adds.
I doubt they would start clearing out the 2017 models quite yet as the 2018s aren't expected tp arrive until the end of November at the earliest. Still looks like a good price though.:)

Peter

IMO, who cares about the hood lettering, as a matter of fact; they can leave out all of the stickers at this price.LOL
You got an amazing deal, which is $12K CAD less then what I paid for my MY2016.

Picked up a 2017 sport with 401A, white, twin panel moon roof and bucket seats, MSRP for $52,250.
Negotiated price of $48548 minus $3,250 in rebates ($1,000 for financing with FOMOCO, $1,500 competitive conquest & $750 direct mail private cash offer).
On top of that, 0% finance for 72 months, that cost of finance is worth around $3K.
Above numbers plus TTL, which varies from state to state. No trade

Just purchased a new 2018 Platinum in Blue second row bucket seats. I am in NH and could not find a good deal til I found a Dealer in Albany NY DePaula ford. I paid 49k for the truck MSRP was almost 56.5k, best I could do around me was 52.5k. 3 hour drive but well worth the savings. I have owned 9 new fords since 98 and this dealer was one of the best so far I ever dealt with. On top of that they sent all the paperwork to my town hall, including a blank check valued up to $1300.00 for tax title and registration. We have no sales tax in NH so the check covered my registration, town fee and plates $980.00 dollars. On top of that 30 day NY registration and temp plates. The only thing extra I added was the Ford premium warranty for 2k. This gives me a Ford bumper to bumper warranty for 84 months 100k miles. I figure with all the tech its worth it.

Just purchased a new 2018 Platinum in Blue second row bucket seats. I am in NH and could not find a good deal til I found a Dealer in Albany NY DePaula ford. I paid 49k for the truck MSRP was almost 56.5k, best I could do around me was 52.5k. 3 hour drive but well worth the savings. I have owned 9 new fords since 98 and this dealer was one of the best so far I ever dealt with. On top of that they sent all the paperwork to my town hall, including a blank check valued up to $1300.00 for tax title and registration. We have no sales tax in NH so the check covered my registration, town fee and plates $980.00 dollars. On top of that 30 day NY registration and temp plates. The only thing extra I added was the Ford premium warranty for 2k. This gives me a Ford bumper to bumper warranty for 84 months 100k miles. I figure with all the tech its worth it.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You mentioned you bought a 2018 Platinum but your profile shows a 2018 Titanium??

Peter

Picked up a '17 Platinum Oxford White w/ 2nd row buckets & console for $48+ OTD, albeit had 4,700 miles on it as it was the Dealership manager's "work" vehicle.

Picked up a '17 Platinum Oxford White w/ 2nd row buckets & console for $48+ OTD, albeit had 4,700 miles on it as it was the Dealership manager's "work" vehicle.
The 2017 Platinum did not come in Oxford White. Only White Platinum which was a $595 option. Also remember that the warranty began when the vehicle was first registered. Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

The 2017 Platinum did not come in Oxford White. Only White Platinum which was a $595 option. Also remember that the warranty began when the vehicle was first registered. Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter
Warranty started when I drove it off the lot since I'm the first registered owner. The dealership manager never registered it, just used Dealer plates on it when she drove it.

Whatever they call that white. I got a white one.

I paid nothing. The company supplies my Explorers to me!

It's like a lease only better. No payments. Under this program I have had a 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2014 and 2016 Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back