What do you guys think about this for a front winch bumper? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you guys think about this for a front winch bumper?

CountryBoy78

Reaction score
City, State
Rice Lake, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited 4.0L 4x4
Hey Guys and Gals,
I have been getting great ideas from this site and others how I want to build my 94 Limited Ex.

What do you guys think of this for a front winch bumper? here's the linkhttp://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52408&highlight=front+diff+skid+plate

I would like to copy it for a winch bumper. I am sick of having the stock bumper on there with the foglight valance talk about no clearance at all.

I am going to put some tow hooks on the frame and would have some tabs welded on the bumper for some KC lights. I was just wondering what you guys think or recomend for this type of bumper.

CountryBoy78

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well the link isn't working.......trying to find it again.......
oops....silly me i typed it wrong .....lol

I fixed the link its on page 2 and 3 what do you think?

If it works for you and what you are doing then go with it. I wouldn't worry about what anyone else thinks.

I like the prerunner style with a winch mount. Do you think the way its mounted to the frame would be strong enough with the winch pulling a load?

Just want ideas and options on this type of bumper........if you could see the beater I own, the bumper would be the best looking thing on it......lol.......

Its not really to my taste, but like DB said, its your truck so do what you want and F what everyone else thinks. :D

It should be plenty strong bolted up like that with grade 8 hardware. 4 1/2" grade 8 bolts have a combined sheer strength of upwards of 60,000 lbs.

Back