• Register Today It's free!

What is the differance

Explorer Pete

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
I am confused. What is the difference between the 2013 Explorer Sport and the Explorer Limited ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sport has a twin turbo (ecoboost) 3.5L engine, and does not have some of the options the limited has. It has 20" Sport wheels, and some other body features (black badging/molding/grill sport badges, ecoboost badges, hood lettering). The sport has paddle shifters.

If you want power and not all the bells and whistle you get the sport and if you want all the bells and whistle and nice power you get the ltd....!

I am confused. What is the difference between the 2013 Explorer Sport and the Explorer Limited ?
As NEWPORTNJ mentioned it is Power vs Bells & whistles. That isn't to say the Sport isn't very well equipped it just doesn't have ALL the options. As for me, the 3.5L NA engine in the Limited has plenty of power.
To get an idea of the differences you can go to the Ford website and do a comparison between the models.

Peter

Thanks, that really helped.

Back