What my Explorer to GROWL, want to help?!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What my Explorer to GROWL, want to help?!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Explorer is getting the Flowmaster 50 series put on it tomorrow. I've heard that the 50 is better than the 40 because the 50 series stays somewhat quiet until you open it up, and that's what I'm looking for. I'll let you know how it sounds tomorrow night.

Originally posted by del77
My Explorer is getting the Flowmaster 50 series put on it tomorrow. I've heard that the 50 is better than the 40 because the 50 series stays somewhat quiet until you open it up, and that's what I'm looking for. I'll let you know how it sounds tomorrow night.

Gee, that would be great if you could do that for me, really do appreciate it! Hey, you wouldn't by any chance have a digital camera would you? The only reason I am asking is cause I wouldn't mind see this new exaust system!

Anyway, talk to you tomorrow and good luck and have fun!

Thanks

Hi again, well..the Flowmaster 50 series is on and it sounds sweet! The idle rumbles a little bit and is just a little bit louder than stock. I can really tell the difference around 4000 rpm, when it really hollers. As for the setup, it's a dual inlet, single outlet muffler. The outlet is 3", but I couldn't find anyone who could bend 3" pipe, so it has 2 1/2" stainless aluminum. It looks a lot nicer than the rusty stock tailpipe sticking out. Let me know if you have any other questions. Well, now that that's taken care of..it's on to Superchips.

Wow, that sounds great! What I really want is exactly what T-Bone has on his XLT V8 Explorer! Here is the website to see what I mean!

Dead Link Removed

He has a Custom Cat Back System with True Dual Exhaust / Flowmaster 50 Delta Series Muffler / Oval Ended Stainless Steel Tips, and that's EXACTLY what I want! Give or take a Flowmaster 40 or 50!

If anybody out there has a Delta Flowmaster 40 on there Explorer, preferably someone with a V6 OHV but it doesn't matter, please post me a message, as I would like to get a new catback system put in as soon as possable!

Thanks all, especially del77, have fun man!

Dual Exhaust for my 94

I've looked all around, but can't find any dual exhaust systems for my truck. I see 94's all the time with them, but never have the opportunity to ask the person where they got it from. Any one know where I can get one? Can't wait to finish my lift, the kit is on order and I'll have my tires next week...YEEHAA

I got the Delta Force 40 Series. My system starts with Borla headers, stock cats, and then the Flowmaster. It has single inlet and dual outlet. The pipes run straight back and run between the spare and the leaf springs. It is finished up with 3 inch chrome tips. Looks and sounds great. I did some research on the types of Flowmasters and I came to a couple conclusions. The 40 series is loud and gets louder when you drive it for awhile. My parents would have killed me if I got that. The 50 series is a 3 chamber and so is the 40 series Delta Flow, so I guesss they sound the same. I got the 40 Deleta because the place I ordered it from had to back order the 50 but they had one 40 Delta in stock. The muffler ran about 80 bucks. The custom job cost only 150 bucks with tips (under the table job). As sson as this muffler rust I will probably get the 40 series because I like my exhaust loud.

Back