What tires to get ?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What tires to get ??

I have a 97 XLT V8 with Goodyear Wrangler RT/s

Time to get new tires but i'm not sure what they should cost?? or what to get.
My gas mileage in not very good and the ride is a bit noisy, but the tires have been good on/off road and highway. What should tires like this cost, where do I get them and are there similar substitutes or something better?

Thanks so much for any help!

I would go with the Kumho Venture AT, they handle nice on the road and mud they laugh at my friends with Wranglers when ever we go offroading I always make it farther in 2wd and there both brand new tires. Check www.tirerack.com they have all the stats on and reviews for tires.

I have a 2000 XLT with 235/75R15. I have Wild Spirit Radial MPT tires. They are made by Cordovan. Absolutely excellent wet weather traction with large water grooves. This is my second set, I got 40,000+ hard miles out of the first and pulled them off with some good still left in them. In some areas these are sold as Wild Country Radial APT. One thing that got me on to these tires is that we have an excellent dealer where I live but then I also came to realize how good the tires were.

I'm contemplating new tires and I've narrowed it down to three options.

1) Yokohama Geolander A/T+II
2) Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo
3) Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT

I want a tire that handles well in all conditions not just one scenario very well. Where I live I can get heavy/deep snowfalls. I like to take it on the trails where theres mud and sand. Day to day I'm on the road where it can be dry or wet. Any input would be appreciated.

I have a couple buddies that run Kumho Venture M/Ts. They swear by them, They will be the next tires I put on my rig definitely! They are fairly inexpensive, have good tread lugs, thick sidewalls, and excellent road maners. Road noise is to be expected, but, not as bad as my old Kelly's M/S.
Later - Nate

Back