What's the biggest tire for 15x7 rim? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the biggest tire for 15x7 rim?

I have both new tires and rims, Liberator A/T's, and ProComp Rockcrawlers. The tires were bought quick to pass inspection, and then because they were new, I bought 15x7 rims, shouldve gotten 15x8's. Anyways, I am going to do a simple "2" lift soon, and am going to need bigger tires, so what are my options for the 15x7's? I am not looking for real big, or too tall, will a '31 fit? Thx.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

31x10.50 will be perfectly fine. i've seen people running 12.50 wide tires on 7" wide rims. i personally wouldn't do it but thats just me. it can obviously be done though.

i have 10.50" wide on mine now and its fine...looks kinda bulgey though...thats the only reason i dont wanna run 12.50's on them. I think it would be cool to have it look all stock but lifted on 33x12.50's but with the stock rims it will look too bulgey on the sidewall. but yea, i've heard its safe enough

Ok, thanks guys, I will have to look into that size.

What`s about putting the 31*10.5 in 15*7 rim in a stock 96 X ?

Probally a 32x11.5 is the bigest I would put on, but you could get a 33x10.5 as well

Im running 33x12.50's on stock 15x7 wheels

32 x 11.5 without lift ? sounds pretty good, im going with those...

Back