Wheel Questions - Please Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Questions - Please Help!

Hey guys I'm Patrick. Not new to forums by any means but new to this one. My girlfriend just bought a 2005 Explorer today and since I cant leave anything stock I'm looking for wheels for her to buy.

I found some she really likes, and fairly priced, Raceline Raptor 16x8 matte black. From what I am seeing they are probably not gonna work without some spacers. They are 0 offset and 4.5'' backspacing. Any of you other guys run wheels like this without spacers? And if not, what size spacers would I need? Thanks in advance for any help. We plan to run these with the stock tires till they wear out then upgrade. If these wheels wont work then can somebody point me in the direction of some black ones that will?

Hey guys I'm Patrick. Not new to forums by any means but new to this one. My girlfriend just bought a 2005 Explorer today and since I cant leave anything stock I'm looking for wheels for her to buy.

I found some she really likes, and fairly priced, Raceline Raptor 16x8 matte black. From what I am seeing they are probably not gonna work without some spacers. They are 0 offset and 4.5'' backspacing. Any of you other guys run wheels like this without spacers? And if not, what size spacers would I need? Thanks in advance for any help. We plan to run these with the stock tires till they wear out then upgrade. If these wheels wont work then can somebody point me in the direction of some black ones that will?
Welcome pwalston. The backspacing sounds about right
for your vehicle. I'm not that familiar with the 05, so I
suggest you drop the spare wheel and measure the
backspacing on it. If it's close to 4.5", the new wheels
will fit with no spacers needed.

Also take a look at the clearance you now have between
the existing wheel and the outer tie rod end and other
suspension parts. That'll give you an idea of how much
backspacing is too much.

Back