Wheel spacers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel spacers

jonnyslick

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
I noticed on some of the threads people are using wheel spacers. Where are they getting them from and what's the main purpose? Will I need wheel spacers if I use RB's 3/2.5" lift and 265.75 tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No you don't need wheel spacers in conjunction with the lift... however they do create more of an aggressive look.

Ebay sells them from 1" to 2" and have a good selection of hubcentric ones.

Are the ones on ebay good quality?

Pretty much every spacer I've ever seen is billeted aluminum. Just make sure they are hub centric, some are not.
So yea there are good ones on there.

I've got a set of eBay ones on mine. Shipped from the good old US of A, and made in China! They are hub centric ones, and I've had no issues with them at all. I recommend getting 1.5" ones, just to ensure they standard wheel studs don't foul the rims (especially if you have 16s). If you have 17s, you will get away with 1" adapters. IMO, 2" will sit the rims out too far, and you may catch the lip of the fender at full suspension travel (unlikely, though).

Could somebody put up before and after pics with wheel spacers to see how they look?

How do I keep getting more lil black explorers under my screen name????? Haha!

How do I keep getting more lil black explorers under my screen name????? Haha!

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with post count for non elite...

According to the pic, no they're not.
You should see a lip along the inside hole of the spacer,
Like this:

url

THANKS ALOT RB ( by the way hows the spacers coming :))

so after reading about wheel spacers in different threads, i should look at getting hub centric ones. correct?:thumbsup::thumbdwn:

Correct, and they should be shipped monday. :thumbsup:

I cant thank you enough JCUZ, i was looking all over ebay for some and you found them. I just went through with the payment.

THANKS ALOT MAN
Chris

I cant thank you enough JCUZ, i was looking all over ebay for some and you found them. I just went through with the payment.

THANKS ALOT MAN
Chris

No worries - I hope you left some for me!

**EDIT** There are now only 2 sets left of the 1.5" hub adapters.

just wondering if anyone noticed while in 4wd turning sharp a grinding sorta clunking sound.

I just installed 1.5 inch

just wondering if anyone noticed while in 4wd turning sharp a grinding sorta clunking sound.

I just installed 1.5 inch

What surface are you driving on when in 4wd? If you are on pavement it will do that even if you do not have spacers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back