• Register Today It's free!

wheel wobble???

YeloPony

Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4
2007 sport trac 4x4 79k miles..... Ok.. had some wobble on old tires, i knew they were out of balance and needed an alignment... so.. I have replace all 4 rotors and pads, got new wheels and tires, balanced and 4 wheel alignment... at 65+ I get a little wobble (sometimes), when I break at those speeds the front end shimmies like crazy till I get deeper into the breaking... I have no other issues, I checked the rotors and "reseeded" them to make sure they were straight, did the "wiggle 12 to 6" to see if the bearings were bad, but they seem fine.. I'm actually replacing the bearings in the stang and it was very obvious when they went out.... so I'm lost???? could the calipers be the issue or something else?? springs or shocks???

This is very rare but I have seen it. Your rotors could be wrapped known to come from the factory and replacements. Take one or two off go have them turned to see if that is the issue....

Thanks. I've just replaced the fronts and have new rears.. big diff already.. I think the rotors were bad but I'll get some help alignments and such....

Back