where is the 4*4 pluged in at | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where is the 4*4 pluged in at

Reaction score
City, State
albemarle, north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 ford explorer
well to start this one time before i got my 1992 ford explorer worked on when i got it back to see if eveything was working right i tryed to see if my 4*4 would ingage (by pushing the 4*4 button) and it did not so i took it back to ford and told them. they took alook at it and they did not plug back in the 4*4. so they repluged it in and it worked. now yet again the ford had to get some work done on it. we just had snow so i tried to use my 4*4 and it would not work. so what i am hopeing for is when they did the work on the ford that some how they did not plug in the 4*4 or it was not pluged in good enough. so what i need to know is where that plug in is at so that i can see if that is the problem. (and right now can not go back to the place where i had it worked on it is about 5 hours from where i live) so i am hopeing someone can help me. thank u for your time and if someone can, would like to have pic. to see what i am looking for. thank u again.

the light on the dash isnt going on, the actual car wont go into 4x4 at all? what exactly is the problem? are the front hubs manual or automatic, do you hear a lot of clunking from the front hub area? there are several reasons why the 4x4 system may not work... can you be a little bit more specific? Also, Welcom to the site.....

Back