which receiver? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which receiver?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am a big ebay shopper, but I personally stay away from the electronics part of it. If you want real a real good deal on a new in-dash, check out this site... www.sonicelectronix.com. Name brand gear for a really affordable price!

I honestly think it would be fine, but it's just buying it off of Ebay. Did you check the seller's feedback. If it's @least a 99 I would give it a go. Just make sure that's what you want!

Dual,audiovox and fahrenheit are all brands you want to stay away from in car audio. Particularly with an item with as many small moving parts as a flipout or double din.

Spend the same amount on a normal head unit without a screen so that you have one that will actually read your discs most of the time and have decent sound quality.

If you want a flipout or double din Id suggest buying a good brand name used if ur low on cash. Pioneer would be my personal choice as they do not skip...ever.

If price isnt a concern check out the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Im going to snag one of thoes they are amazing if I say so myself lol.

well i kinda want the dvd reciever because i do alot of snowboarding and for those long trips it would be good to have one of those

well i kinda want the dvd reciever because i do alot of snowboarding and for those long trips it would be good to have one of those

The Pioneer is a dvd reciever:thumbsup:

Dual,audiovox and fahrenheit are all brands you want to stay away from in car audio. Particularly with an item with as many small moving parts as a flipout or double din.

Spend the same amount on a normal head unit without a screen so that you have one that will actually read your discs most of the time and have decent sound quality.

If you want a flipout or double din Id suggest buying a good brand name used if ur low on cash. Pioneer would be my personal choice as they do not skip...ever.

what about the one in the link above your post?

Unless you are going Eclipse or? I'd take a hard look at Pioneer..

be careful of motorized ones that will pop up and block your CA...your ac can put out condensation, which is really bad for these units

I just picked up the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD off of ebay and saved $75 from the price listed on www.sonicelectronix.com. I have purchased all kinds of electronices from ebay with no problems at all. I say go for it!

I just picked up the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD off of ebay and saved $75 from the price listed on www.sonicelectronix.com. I have purchased all kinds of electronices from ebay with no problems at all. I say go for it!

Your lucky Im waitin to get my within the next couple weeks, thoes recievers are amazing:thumbsup:

Ive heard from numerous people that that Pioneer AVH-blahblahDVD is nearly impossible to bypass, everyone I know who has one cant get it bypassed...

Get them to check YouTube I've seen a couple good video tutorials on how to bypass it and it at least looks easy enough on the videos

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back