Which rotors and pads for 1997 V8 AWD? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which rotors and pads for 1997 V8 AWD?

svxak47

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer V8
Ok Ive been looking at powerstop rotors and pads on Rockauto and they have a rebate/promotion with 70$ off til the end of the year. I planned on ordering these until I went to the description which shows the 11.22 diameter rotors with the front bolt circle being 4.5 and the rears being 4.25. part# KOE1861 .I am assuming this is the lug diameters which I know cant be right for the rears. I can get all 4 rotors and pads for $70 after the rebate.

On a side note Rockauto also shows a 11.29 diameter front rotor for the same vehicle but part# KOE1855 with the 4.25 bolt diameter.

Which is the right set to buy?

Thanks

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but this is the Front Rotor spec. You'll have to do the mm to inches conversions.

Attachments

• FrontRotorSpec1.jpg
    FrontRotorSpec1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 128
  • FrontRotorSpec2.jpg
    FrontRotorSpec2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 129

The 4.25" (108mm) bolt pattern is used on the T-Bird and Mark 8. If you have rotated tires, you obviously have 4.5" (114.3mm) front and rear. I wouldn't hesitate to contact Power Stop direct before ordering, return shipping on that kit can't be cheap. GL

http://www.powerstop.com/corporate-info/

Rotor Size?

The metric size is 11.265, while the rotors you listed are 11.220 and 11.290 the difference being .035 per side you will never see the difference on your car.
Mike

Back