Why are ford explorer parts always on backorder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why are ford explorer parts always on backorder

sumzxr7

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT - Magnetic
..just curious...for an SUV that sells extremely well I find it odd that even brakes parts (rotors) and pads are always on backorder.

The Panoroof that was changed in my car due to the leak was on backorder for over a month....this okay I can live with BUT not brakes and pads.
I
went into for a brake issue and then I got told that I need to wait for sometime while the parts come in.

Don't think this makes sense...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..just curious...for an SUV that sells extremely well I find it odd that even brake parts (rotors) and pads are always on backorder.

The Panoroof that was changed in my car due to the leak was on backorder for over a month....this okay I can live with BUT not brakes and pads.
I went into for a brake issue and then I got told that I need to wait for some time while the parts come in.

Don't think this makes sense...

You are right, It don't make sense. It is not a Ford fault. It is a dealership service center problem.
You might want to take your business to another dealership. They are not all bad.

Good Luck!

You are right, It don't make sense. It is not a Ford fault.

How are stock outs in Ford's supply chain not Ford's fault? If the dealership can't get parts from the supply chain, how is it their fault? I think your logic is reversed.

How are stock outs in Ford's supply chain not Ford's fault? If the dealership can't get parts from the supply chain, how is it their fault? I think your logic is reversed.

If you have never been thru the scenario, then you wouldn't understand.

There are only 2 Ford dealerships within the parish I live in. Only one always claims that they have parts on backorder while I can go to the other and if they don't have it in stock, they get it for me by the next morning.
Go figure.

I agree. I needed front strut mounts for my 2013 Explorer and was told "parts are unavailable at this time". That has everything to do with Ford and not the dealership.

Are "break" parts similar to "brake" parts?

a38a50d5a951741660ef0267ef661de4.jpg

...I went into for a break issue and then I got told that I need to wait for sometime while the parts come in...

Allow me to help, sumzxr7. What's the odometer reading? Please send it over; I'll see what resources are available.

Kwasi

Not having certain parts in stock is not unusual at all. Many companies other than automotive ones, no longer keep a large supply of parts on hand. This change seemed to happen many years ago when it appeared to become too costly to stock a wide variety of parts. I had the same experience with Toyota. In many cases the parts needed were there the next day.

Peter

Are "break" parts similar to "brake" parts?

Yes, it does....hehe. I was typing that on my phone on the train into work while trying to find a seat. My bad..

I've been waiting on a long block since February. Maybe that will make you feel better. There is no ETA. I'm pulling my hair out.

I've been waiting on a long block since February. Maybe that will make you feel better. There is no ETA. I'm pulling my hair out.
Ouch. Is it even drivable?

Back