WIll stock 2003 MUstang GT wheels fit a 2000 Explorer ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WIll stock 2003 MUstang GT wheels fit a 2000 Explorer ?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried or is currently using stock 2000- up mustang GT wheels ( 17 X 8 ) on a 1995-2001 Ford Explorer sport ? I am looking for a wheel that is a direct bolt on swap- no spacers or suspension mods required. Looked at some pics on www.explorerexpress.com. They are offering a mustang cobra R 5 spoke replica and a mustang bullit replica in 17 X 8 & 18 X 9 versions but not sure if these are a mustang wheel or unique replicas for the Explorer application only. Also- if you are using stock 17 X 8 mustang wheels- what tire size are you running ? I 'am looking to replace the 255- 70- 16 with an overall diameter of 30.1 " with a similar overall diameter of 30.1" in a 17" application ? Any ideas or thoughts on these questions will be appreciated. Thanks. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are pretty nice dumb question are they 249 each or for a set?

They would fit.......But i would get the real ones off ebay......Heres a picture they fit perfect.
a2_3.jpg

yea i was thinking about it about 20 mins after i posted...and i was like...i'm an idiot lol no nice rims are gonna be that cheap

not to be an ass.. but those are 03 Cobra rims.. not GT Rims... GT Rims are 17's.

I'm interested in lowering my Explorer and putting on some 18" wheels. I found these for meant for a 2003 Mustang Cobra, just wanted to know if using car wheels on a heavier vehicle like the Exporer would be a good idea. I'm really not satisfied with the wheel selection for Explorers. Thats the only reason I'm even asking. Thanks.

sorry, forgot the pic. Its the MB motorsports Weapon 18"x9"

I have a set of '03 wheels sitting in my garage right now.

I'll maybe put them on the Ex and take some pics for you later so you can see how they fit. I'm going to be jacking it to do fluids anyway.

not to be an ass ... but i just bought an 04 cobra and they are 17 x 9 ... not 18's ... the only factory rims that are a direct fit with the correct back spacing came on t-birds as an option ... they were cobra r's ... 17 x8 if i remember correctly ... they wheels in the pictures looks like the correct back spacing because you can see how thick the center hub is .... i put on a set of sxt rims on my 2000 x but had to use spacers to maintain the same tracking width ... the svt rim hub is about 1 1/2 "thick ... the ones in the picture look about 3' thick, so they would work on an x

Back