Winch mount in the works

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
I started my winch mount bumper last weekend but I didn't get to finish. I am going to try and have it done by next week :D I have 4 more bars and a winch plate to weld on before it is done. Here is what the progress looks like:

Attachments

• mr03^011.jpg
    mr03^011.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 814

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kinda looks lik my new one!Link

Without the goofy Brushguard though!

Yeah it is going to look a lot like that :) I just wont have the headlight guards ;)

Thanks Brian :)

Looks GREAT so far!:D

Well I got it all done but I have been working too late to take a pic so I'll get one in the morning ;)

Damn tease!!!!;) :D

Well here is a pic of the bumper without the winch sitting on it. I just need to find an hour or 2 to mount the damn thing :D

Derrick C.- I haven't seen you on the sign up for the spring Moab trip ;) I thought you Idahoans were up for a spring run :)

Attachments

• mr10^002.jpg
    mr10^002.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 719

Ohh. Now it has a goofy brush guard like mine!!! Good idea to put the winch on top. I am actually puting mine below the bumper between the frame rails. You will have alot better aproach angle I think. Reminds me of the Avalanche Stinger!

I am going to Moab a couple times! I don't know if I will make it with the explorer group, but my brothers and the wives and I will defiantately be going. Is the group going for EJS or what? I like to go when there is no lines and I can get a hotel;)

Yeah my buddy and I put a stinger like this one on his jeep about 5yrs ago and I have always wanted one since :D

The explorers are going in May but I am going to be a EJS too. If you head over to Moab give me hollar I live pretty close to there and am always looking for someone to go with.

Here is a few more pics.

Attachments

• mr10^001.jpg
    mr10^001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 673

one more.

Attachments

• mr10^003.jpg
    mr10^003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 690

now that's one sweet bumper...
:D

Thanks guys I still need to give it the final paint but other than that I really like it. I finally got the winch mounted in it last sunday on my way out the door to go wheeling :D

That looks great! Nice work. :bounce:

I really want to go to MOAB this year, just turns out not to be a good time for me.

Nice, If you decide to market them and the price is right I would be interested in one. Good work.

Hey what diamater, and kind of tubing are you using. Im thinking of making one just like that and what to know what kind of materials to use. Thanks.

BTW Looks sweet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does that big loop have another purpose besides giving some protection to the winch?

BTW It looks great! :thumbsup:

Back