window interchangeability

stretch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waskom, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8 AWD
I have a window in need of replacement due to a recent break-in. I have a 96 with the mirror tint and would like to have black tint. What I need to know is if the rear door windows and quarter panel windows from a 98-2001 X would fit. I know in late 97 models Ford switched to the black tint,but those are hard to find. I have a line on some cheep windows out of a 99 and 2000. So will they fit? I already know that for the rear hatch I am going to need to find a 97 model window due to the hatch shape.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So nobody knows if I can use windows out of a 98-2001 4 door in place of these on mine?

Attachments

• side windows highlighted.jpg
    side windows highlighted.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 122

i know the door ones will fit (# 2-3)but not sure about the very back window #1

The back window is the same 91-2001.....

I also have the 2 rear windows for sale and also the two small windows in the doors. Real cheap :)

Thanks for the offer Trckmagik, but aren't yours from a first gen X? If they are they will have the mirror tint and I'm looking for some with black tint, Like the kind that came on 97 and newer models. Sorry. But hey, maybe someone else will want them.

Back