• Register Today It's free!

Window Issues'

dykzeulb

Reaction score
City, State
KANSAS CITY MISSOURI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
I am having some issues with my power windows in my 1992, it's a 4 door, and all windows do it but the passenger side front...but here goes...

I roll the window down, it makes a whine pause whine pause, like it catches then it strips, catches then strips, I roll it up, same thing keep in mind they are in the tracks the whole time...the motors are working, just getting some wierd noise, back windows need to be helped up because they "catch" along with the front window, But I have taken the door panels off, and looked, I cant seem to find anything, common issue? How hard to fix.. anyways Thanks in advance!

Brett

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New here, but had the same problem on my 91 F 250 XLT, took the motor out of door and replaced the three triangle bushings with hand cut oak. took about 45 minutes including removal and repacement of the motor unit.

New here, but had the same problem on my 91 F 250 XLT, took the motor out of door and replaced the three triangle bushings with hand cut oak. took about 45 minutes including removal and repacement of the motor unit.

...that option never occurred to me. others on this forum have used ball bearings, hex nuts, and I cut my own out of Delrin (a hi-tech greasy plastic).

as my old professor always said, "I'm going to do some temporary/permanent repairs. Temporary if it lasts a while; permanent if it lasts a long time."

some of my patch jobs outlasted the vehicles...lol

Ball bearings

go to your local ace or tru value hardware and get the biggest steel ball bearing they got. It should fit nice in the motor to replace the disenergated plastic ones. I think they are 45 cents a piece

Back