• Register Today It's free!

Window Woes!!!

bisco1.8tqm

Reaction score
City, State
Denver CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
I have a 2005 ford explorer sport track. The driver's side window simply wont go up. The motor will only allow the window to go down and it pulls the window down with ease (motor doesn't sound like its struggling). When i took the door panel off it looks like everything is just fine. Nothing is off the track, the tracks are greased and look fine. Any ideas anyone? If you don't know how to fix this, any ideas on how to just get the window to close? Thanks for your help!!

I would bet its the switch gone bad on the up side. I have one like that on my Limited. I can roll down the passenger rear window, but it won't go up using my driver's door switch. To get it up I have to reach in the back seat to the switch on that window roll it up from there.

Now, I have never paid attention to whether the switches are interchangeable. If they are you might be able to temporarily switch a switch to get it up. :dunno:

That reminds me, I should go to a near by junkyard to get another switch. :D

Connect a fused jumper wire between driver window control switch C504a-2, circuit 57 (BK), and C504a-7, circuit 226 (WH/BK). Connect a second fused jumper wire between driver window control switch C504a-6, circuit 400 (LB/BK), and C504a-8, circuit 227 (YE). The window should operate in the UP direction.

Windowconnector.gif

has your door panel ever gotten wet? if so there could be some corrosion in the switch try taking it out an hitting it with some WD-40, reinstall an see what happens...

Back