Windows stutter...

artnalex

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Loose windows???

Not sure, but I am suspecting both front windows are coming loose from the window rails. When I press the button to lower my windows (from a fully-closed position) the windows make a faint stuttering noise as they start to descend down the door. The rear windows do not make this noise.

My wife first noticed this noise, and now I hear it, too.

Anyone else had this issue? Just wondering if it might be something else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not yet

My guess is the windows are now missing the grease that was causing the streaky windows! :D

My guess is the windows are now missing the grease that was causing the streaky windows! :D
Vince, that was my first thought as well. Wondered if the streaky window TSB had been done.

Peter

I better call my car dealer about the streaky windows,both driver and passenger side have these streaky issues.

I too have heard the stuttering noise as the passenger window starts to descend, but only a couple of times. I also have the streaky windows and have not had the TSB performed. March 2011 build date.

I believe there is a new tsb for that concern

Funny I noticed it yesterday for the first time. Only does it for the first 1-2 inches. Must be a loose window or track/allignment issue.

Funny I noticed it yesterday for the first time. Only does it for the first 1-2 inches. Must be a loose window or track/allignment issue.
Yup, that is it.

So got the call from my dealer.. the culprit is the window motor causing this. One is on order.

Wow ok, is there a TSB for this?

Just got mine diagnosed from Ford dealer. New motors for both front indows are being ordered, too.

Just got mine diagnosed from Ford dealer. New motors for both front indows are being ordered, too.
If you have the 'Streaky windows' problem, that would be a good time to have that TSB looked at as well since they will have the door apart.

Peter

Nope, No streaky windows for me.

Ridiculous! I have taken my car to the dealer twice for the same issue. The first time it took one week to replace both window motors. Thn the second time it took 3 days to replace the same two motors.

Now, I now need to take it back for a third time......for the same exact issue.

I have the streaky windows and the window stuttering during the first few inches from a closed position. Next oil change I have these things to be looked into:

1.- HVAC vents not blowing warm/hot air
2.- Paint rubbing off door lower edge.
3.- Window streaking and stuttering.

Ridiculous! I have taken my car to the dealer twice for the same issue. The first time it took one week to replace both window motors. Thn the second time it took 3 days to replace the same two motors.

Now, I now need to take it back for a third time......for the same exact issue.
I think there is a problem with your dealership. I don't know what the repair manual lists for how long it should take to do this work but I would think that they should be able to replace both motors in less than a day.
What does your last invoice show for the length of time do do the work? It should be shown on there.

Peter

So got the call from my dealer.. the culprit is the window motor causing this. One is on order.
Just curious as to how long it took the dealer to do the actual work.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine does that as well as having the greasy windows(which they wont fix).

I'm not going in for more repairs, just let the arbitrator deal with these issues(if it gets that far).

Back