Windows stutter... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windows stutter...

I also noticed my windows stuttering when opened, it doesn't seem to happen all of the time but it has happened at times. I forgot to mention it to the dealer last time I was in there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We hardly ever open our windows (Houston weather, lol). Maybe I should double check them to make sure all is well...

yes, there is a tsb for this issue, I just don't know what number is it

yes, there is a tsb for this issue, I just don't know what number is it

Does anyone know this TSB information, if there is one for the chattering windows.

Service manager says there is nothing wrong with my front windows, and says the play in the window channel is normal. Even tho there is a good 1" to 1 1/2" play when rocking the window back and forth in the channel...

Thanks.

-ern

Does anyone know this TSB information, if there is one for the chattering windows.

Service manager says there is nothing wrong with my front windows, and says the play in the window channel is normal. Even tho there is a good 1" to 1 1/2" play when rocking the window back and forth in the channel...

Thanks.

-ern

OK, our ex had significant chaterring/stuttering the first few inches of opening the front driver & passenger door. Dealership replaced window motors and now it's perfect! Also performed the TSB for the greasy glass at the same time.

From my invoice/work order, here is the TSB number for the window chattering: 12-3-2
Part numbers replaced:
DB5Z*7823394*A Motor asy-Window operating
DB5Z*7823395*A Motor asy-Window operating

Hi All-

I have noticed that my windows stutter a bit when I first press the button to lower them. You can hear it a bit too. Anyone else experience this? I worry that this may be hard on the window motor. They do function fine, just doesn't seem entirely normal. I have attached a video; you can hear it better than see it on the video so make sure to have your sound on. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6GAlRje7uo

Mine do this, the fronts on both sides.
I think they are loose from the factory.

Also when closing the door, if the front windows are down a bit, they shake a tiny bit as well,
Usually when you have a window open and you close the door, it wont shake at all unless its loose.
If they are down more than half I'm not sure.

Do you have any light horizontal streaks on the windows as well?

Do you have any light horizontal streaks on the windows as well?

Hmmm....haven't noticed that. Did you talk to your dealer about it? I have never had this happen on any other car I've had so I didn't think it was normal. I thought maybe this is normal for the Explorer? I am just worried about motor burnout.

Hi All-

I have noticed that my windows stutter a bit when I first press the button to lower them. You can hear it a bit too. Anyone else experience this? I worry that this may be hard on the window motor. They do function fine, just doesn't seem entirely normal. I have attached a video; you can hear it better than see it on the video so make sure to have your sound on. What do you think?

Same here... '13 Sport

Add me to the list, mine does it also... New 2013, about 2 months old (actually born 4/13) and has done it from day 1. Sucks because it sounds and looks cheap but whatever, the windows still work.

I'll add it to my list of things to get checked out when I take it in for its first oil change along with the bubbles in the paint, ticking engine under light load, smell during hard acceleration, drivers side A pillar squeak and display screen in the gauge cluster randomly staying on after the truck is off.... Just a few issues LOL. The quality control on this SUV is almost comical.

Love the Explorer but holy crap never seen this many issues in a new vehicle...

...well i know the streaky windows are a TSB...there is a thread on here about it.

Add me to the list, mine does it also... New 2013, about 2 months old (actually born 4/13) and has done it from day 1. Sucks because it sounds and looks cheap but whatever, the windows still work.

I'll add it to my list of things to get checked out when I take it in for its first oil change along with the bubbles in the paint, ticking engine under light load, smell during hard acceleration, drivers side A pillar squeak and display screen in the gauge cluster randomly staying on after the truck is off.... Just a few issues LOL. The quality control on this SUV is almost comical.

Love the Explorer but holy crap never seen this many issues in a new vehicle...

Is it just me or are these problems not being resolved as production continues? I have a 2011 ex and I have the same problems as your 2013!

Is it just me or are these problems not being resolved as production continues? I have a 2011 ex and I have the same problems as your 2013!

My 2012 Limited doesn't/didn't have any of the issues mentioned by huie1983....The quality of mine has been great (30,000 km so far)....sorry about your luck.

Hi everyone.

My name is Ashley and I'll be helping out around here when Cory and Crystal are out of the office or busy.

I'd like to look into some options for you guys with the window concerns. Just PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info and I'll see how I can help.

Thanks!

Ashley

Hi All-

There have been previous threads on this issue.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349740&highlight=window+motor

Peter

Thanks Ashley- I'm just going to wait until its first oil change and address all the issues with the dealer then. It only has 1400 miles on it so I'm a good 6+ months out from that point. I will PM you if these annoyances become real issues though.

Foxtemple- I completely agree! One of the reasons I went with a 2013 and not a used 2011-2012 is because I thought all the bugs I read about would be worked out. Oh well, it's a lease so it's going back in a few years anyways. Maybe in 2016 they will have things figured out :)

Like I said, Love the EX its just a shame some of them are put together with such lack of care/pride .

*poke* *poke* are you listening Ford? If you are not careful you will lose first time customers (like myself). It's not about "we can fix this", it's the fact that I purchased/leased a brand new vehicle and I don't want to have to waste my time having all these little issues fixed. Any new vehicle leaving the factory should be perfect, no excuses. I'm just a little confused, my last Hyundai, a sub $16K car was perfect from day 1 all the way till year 5 when I sold it... Just saying....

Anyways, rant over.... I need my morning coffee.

I do love my Ex too, but I also agree; I don't want to spend my time fixing small things and being inconvenienced to do so. Are we supposed to be able to get a loaner for things like this? I can't really be left without my vehicle while the dealer has mine. I have only had my vehicle for a short time and this will be the second time I will have to bring it in. I am also having some problems with my AC getting cool enough and my AC seats cooling properly. I truly hope this isn't foreshadowing what is to come.

I do love my Ex too, but I also agree; I don't want to spend my time fixing small things and being inconvenienced to do so. Are we supposed to be able to get a loaner for things like this? I can't really be left without my vehicle while the dealer has mine. I have only had my vehicle for a short time and this will be the second time I will have to bring it in. I am also having some problems with my AC getting cool enough and my AC seats cooling properly. I truly hope this isn't foreshadowing what is to come.
The 3 year/36k basic warranty does not cover rentals.
If a dealer does supply one, it would be at their expense.

Peter

I've got the same problem with my 2012 Model.

I took it in and showed the dealer's technician and they agreed that there is a problem. They have said that they need to order some parts in and replace the track and roller..?!
Parts are coming in this Saturday - I can let you know if it fixes the issue.

Regards

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For me, I had an incident where my dad tried to roll down the rear driver side window and the back glass just shattered. They said the window regulator broke the window and dealer replaced it under warranty. Now I don't know if it's the same issue but I have the stutter only in the front windows. I'm just guessing the windows are just extra loose in the front for some reason but I hope it's not a window regulator issue.

Back