WINDROCK (TN) in feb. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

I had a good time, Goatman suffered some body damage and Mat's friend had some mechanical problems in his jeep. We ran part of the day with the atomic city four wheelers club and pirate4x4 group. Should have stuck to the original plan, we left them and finally went on our on way. I have some pictures, but not digital and not devolped. I will try and find some pictures from one of the other people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There were three to show. N2FORD, myself, and a Jeep friend of Matt's. The Atomic city guys were there and thats why we hooked up with them. Three jeeps came up from Alabama. One of them was completely stock(He had just bought that jeep about a week and a half earlier). The Atomic City guys gave the impression that trail 21 would be no problem for the stock guys, so I thought I was in good shape. Things were good for the most part with by-passes around the tuff stuff. We came up on a wash that we were not getting around. N2FORD and the Jeep made it up (remember I'm open and running 32 AT's). After about the fourth attempt, I slid into the embankment. I was still ok at that point except for a tree laying on top of the bank. That tree had a knot in it that reach the rear door on the drivers side. I now have a pretty good rub in that door. I requested a winch out. We were ready to leave the Atomic City guys behind and made our way out.
I left early, but N2FORD and the Jeep went on. As they were coming back out at around 4:30 in the afternoon, they were still seeing the Atomic City guys were still on the same trail. Remember that brand new stock Jeep? Apparently he crushed a door. I was lacking in the picture department.

My lessoned learned? I need more equipment..

body damage is cool... i got 3 creases in my fenders, two nice dents in my right rear door, a wrinkle in my left rear quarter panel, and 5 good dents down the roof line, plus i completly crushed the rear half of my truck once.

wow did that all happen at windrock this past sat to your truck nissanboy?

nope i was at home working things out with a girl. wasnt able to make it.

oh thats right... my bad man... i read that as if you were there and got all that damage this past trip... sorry!

I bought this nice Explorer - Herb Newton Nissan A+

Ok, I bought my Explorer !

Herb Newton Nissan of Oak Ridge &
their staff are the best people with
a great customer service department.
We will enjoy our new Altima & Ford
Explorer, yes I bought two cars this
time, other than the Maxima I bought
2 years ago. They were so nice to add
a set of NEW OEM Ford floor mats,
a NEW battery, & even set up an
appointment with my local Ford dealer.
They also paid for a NEW key to be
cut w/ chip, a NEW remote w/ programming
, they also paid for the driver’s side
entry to be recoded. Everything wa
about $300.00 bucks. They paid &
did what was said. A nice well
selected staff. Thank you! If you
are looking for a professional
Nissan dealer with service after
the sale, then you need to check them out.

I will be posting a picture soon.

Posted By: K. Thomas
Oak Ridge, TN.

You might want to start a new thread somewhere other than the Offroad runs planning and discussion forum. But welcome to the board.

Back