• Register Today It's free!

windshield wiper sizing?

Agent-Smith

Reaction score
City, State
Sarasota, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey guys, just looking for the right size of windshield wipers for my 94 XLT. What size for the drivers and passenger front wipers? Thanks. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any parts store can tell you.

even walmart has the info by the wipers.

everyone and their moms knows that, is it so hard to just tell me the right size without me having to go there? I have a bunch of wipers that I bought and I don't remember which one goes on my explorer, so please, can I get the RIGHT answer this time?

18" for the front wipers, 16" on the rear.

all you had to do was measure the ones you have.

you do not need to be snotty because you were lazy.

Wiper size can also change based on what was installed.. Most places don't sell refills anymore.. Most sell you the whole wiper.. My X had 17" wipers on it for a while (they were out of 18's, so I got 17's)..

Soo.. Check what you have if you want refills, or get 18" if its more than just the rubber part.

~Mark

everyone and their moms knows that, is it so hard to just tell me the right size without me having to go there? I have a bunch of wipers that I bought and I don't remember which one goes on my explorer, so please, can I get the RIGHT answer this time?

If you had explained what you wanted in your first post you would have got the answer you were wanting. We are not mind readers.

I highly recommend only having one wiper that is over 5 feet long so it can cover the entire windshield. I've done it and it works great.

how does a 16" fit on the rear? I have a 13" now, and it looks almost too big?

I run a 16" in the rear on our '92 but it doesn't stay flat against the glass.. at one point I'm loosing almost 3" of the wiping capacity. I'll be switching back to a smaller size next time.

~Mark

In both my 94, and 97 ex I have 20 on the driver side and 21 on the passenger side. I'm 6'1" and I found the stop wipers did not clear enough window for me to see.

Yep I run 19's on the front window. They just clear the window molding. 13" on the rear.

all you had to do was measure the ones you have.

you do not need to be snotty because you were lazy.

I had thrown the old ones away a long time ago because I was repianting the windshield wiper arms. I was repainting the wiper arms on three of my vehicles and I had bought new wiper blades for all of them at the same time. So when it came time to put the new ones back on, I forgot what size they were supposed to be. So how was I being lazy?

If you had explained what you wanted in your first post you would have got the answer you were wanting. We are not mind readers.

Here is what my very first post says:

Hey guys, just looking for the right size of windshield wipers for my 94 XLT. What size for the drivers and passenger front wipers? Thanks.

If that's not asking the right question as easily as possible, then I don't know what is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back