• Register Today It's free!

Wont go into park

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
Ok here's the deal. For the past two months I've been dealing with a problem of my truck not going into park after I towed my buddy's car all the way back to atlanta from louisville ky.......so i got under it today since it was FINALLY cool enough outside and began to locate the issue. I noticed that I could manually put it in park from the transmission itself....but as soon as i went back up tot he truck and pulled it out of park from the shifter and then shift it back to park, it would say park on the dash but its really in reverse. i can only start the truck from neutral.....and its annoying. I always use my parking break but the fact i cant go into park is disturbing.... any ideas? Is it from the shifter itself or from the tranny? or inbetween? I dont know whether I need to set something a particular way or not....

I'd say disconnect the shifter from the tranny and see if you can move it through it's range if not maybe something is binding up in the sleeve.

i can move the Tranny through its range manually......i looked at some stuff last night i'm going to go out in a bit and take the dash apart and check the shifter

Back