• Register Today It's free!

Won't start!

Kayla page

Reaction score
City, State
Kingston
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 ford explorer xlt
A few months ago the driver side axle was replaced and test drove it was fine then next time won't start and thus was a few months ago now. Today just replace the starter and cleaned the ground wire. Still won't start everything on the dash comes on lights and radio oh and we replaced the battery as well. I'm so lost. When you go to turn it over under the hood you hear clicking like something wants to happen but it's like it's not getting enough power. Never had non of these issues before we replaced the axle. Someone please give me some advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few months ago the driver side axle was replaced and test drove it was fine then next time won't start and thus was a few months ago now. Today just replace the starter and cleaned the ground wire. Still won't start everything on the dash comes on lights and radio oh and we replaced the battery as well. I'm so lost. When you go to turn it over under the hood you hear clicking like something wants to happen but it's like it's not getting enough power. Never had non of these issues before we replaced the axle. Someone please give me some advice
Did you try jump start it? Sounds like a weak battery

what engine do you have?
try a socket on the crank shaft pulley and see if engine will spin, that will tell if the engine is locked up or not.
sounds like you replaced starter and battery.

Assuming the engine is not seized (and from what you say there's no reason to believe that it is), then starting issues are pretty straightforward. If it cranks but won't start, then you have a fuel or spark issue. If it won't crank, then you either have an electrical issue or a bad starter / starter solenoid.

You say that all the lights come on and when you turn the key you hear clicking. That's indicative of not enough power. Recharge or replace your battery and try again.

If you install a fresh battery and you still just get clicking, then you probably have a bad starter solenoid. Replace it.

Wow, read b4 posting.
The EU stated that the battery and starter were replaced.

Wow get a cloo. OP is clearly a beginner and needs to start at the beginning. You?

The starter solenoid is built into starter.

Back