• Register Today It's free!

Worried about Engine

Reppic 127

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello fellas,

This morning I was idle in a parking lot when i noticed my RPMs where not staying in the same place on the Tachometer, so I reved the engine to about 3000RPMs and waited for it to settle back down, and it did around 1000RPMs for about 10 seconds before dropping very slightly. After this drop it began to climb ever so slightly just over 1000RPMs.. rinse and repeat.

When I poped the hood open .. well I can't explain the sound.. but it wasnt a constant sound. (I am no mechanic and well.. I don't know if that is good or bad)

I did get a 360-point turn of my truck recently.. they told me nothing was wrong but then I went off-roading thinking my truck was the hulk.

Any advice, comments?

Appreciate it.

P.S. 2002 Sport Trac 4x2 4.0L SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks clean, no obtructions, all three wires are intact and where they should be. The IAC motor is in good condition. etc.. etc..

Your symptoms lead me to the IAC.

Do you have another you could swap and test? Maybe a friends?

Good luck .......

I actually discovered another problem, so when I take it to the garage I'll have them check that out. Thanks for the help/info!

Back