Wrecked 91 Exp!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wrecked 91 Exp!!

We are new to this site and have enjoyed looking at all of the threads. I purchased a 91 EXP Eddie Bauer for my son last weekend (Saturday) and he was in an accident with it on Sunday (24 hours later). The EXP held up well but has damage of course. We have not removed all of the front fenders, bumpers and hood yet to check pit the engine. If it survived we are looking to rebuild this EXP since it is in immaculate shape, not a scratch (until last weekend) on it. NO rattles and the interior looks like it was just replaced or right off the showroom floor, it truly is amazing.

Anyway, if the engine is good the most I would need would be a complete front clip and the least would be the front end sheet metal. It looks like I might have a crack on the end of the suspension but have been told this is very repairable.

I have been on line looking for sites that might have the parts I need including the clip. Can anyone recommend where I might be able to find what I am looking for? The web sites look good but how do I question the integrity of the company. I feel the best answer to this question would be feed back from EXP owners. If all looks bad once we have it tore down should I sell for parts and hope for the best $$$'s?

cjsexp said:
. It looks like I might have a crack on the end of the suspension but have been told this is very repairable.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, well not so cut and dry.
Why is it cracked ? did the suspension move ?
Did the frame move ? You are really getting into a can of worms if the damage is that extensive.

Please post some pics so I can be a litttle more helpful.

Thank you for your insight, i will get some pics as soon as we get down to that part.

Back