X Plan Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X Plan Question

Mizzkit

Reaction score
City, State
South Louisiana
Does anyone know when you order a vehicle under the X Plan if the dealership can charge you for advertising, fuel charges and Company administrative fees. Are is this something that is at each dealerships discretion and have to be negotiated?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From my experience X plan does not gurantee anything. The dealerships are now doing things like adding a conveniance package to all vehicles. The dealer that I tried to purchase has a $1295 mark up on all vehicles for nitrogen in the tires, lost key replacement, eched safety glass etc. They would only do x plan plus that package. Just another way to rip off consumers.

From my experience X plan does not gurantee anything. The dealerships are now doing things like adding a conveniance package to all vehicles. The dealer that I tried to purchase has a $1295 mark up on all vehicles for nitrogen in the tires, lost key replacement, eched safety glass etc. They would only do x plan plus that package. Just another way to rip off consumers.

If the dealer chooses to accept XPlan on a vehicle they MUST sell the vehicle at the XPlan price listed on the invoice, plus up to 100$ in document fees. All of those things are add-ons, they can't require you to purchase add-ons in a car deal. That would be like saying "we'll only sell it to you on xplan, if you purchase an extended warranty for x amount".. it violates Ford's rules about xplan.

I would report the dealer to Ford. There are very specific clauses related to requiring other purchases to qualify for XPlan in the agreement.

Sure there are rules. There are rules for everything. Dealing with these dealers is another thing. What is Ford going to do? Tell them to not do it again?

Looked up terms it states:
"The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items."

What is extra? Is there an base amount they can charge for these things?

Why would I have to pay the dealership for advertising? They knew nothing about the vehicle when I went to order it and had no plans to even order one to put on the lot.

Looked up terms it states:
"The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items."

What is extra? Is there an base amount they can charge for these things?

Why would I have to pay the dealership for advertising? They knew nothing about the vehicle when I went to order it and had no plans to even order one to put on the lot.

It says all of those things are already included in the XPlan price. The only thing the dealership is allowed to charge you on top of the price listed is "up to 100$" in document fees.

XPlan price generally comes out to be [.4% * dealer invoice] + administrative fee (275$) (plus up to 100 in document fees). You aren't paying for dealer advertising. Ford includes advertising expenses (global) in the xplan price. You still are getting the car for under dealer invoice with no haggling.

Also any incentives that are xplan compatible will be applied as well (I believe current incentives include 1,000$ cash when you take delivery from dealer stock)

Sure there are rules. There are rules for everything. Dealing with these dealers is another thing. What is Ford going to do? Tell them to not do it again?

Yeah, plus I just found this clause

"The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement."

That's crap =P

On my order confirmation there is a fuel charge if 70.87 and adv assessment of 768 along with dest and delivery. The numbers are under the dealer invoice column so does that mean that is the xplan cost for it that I am invoiced and not dealership add ons?

On my order confirmation there is a fuel charge if 70.87 and adv assessment of 768 along with dest and delivery. The numbers are under the dealer invoice column so does that mean that is the xplan cost for it that I am invoiced and not dealership add ons?

Those three items are included in the X Plan price shown on the order confirmation. They are part of the dealer invoice, and the X Plan price is based on the dealer invoice. The only items that my purchase agreement lists beyond the X Plan price on the order confirmation are the doc fee, the state's title and license fees, and sales tax.

I just discovered that the USAA new car buying service gives a SLIGHTLY better price than X-Plan (if you are a USAA member).

If anyone would like. I can provide the partners site and a code where you can look at the vehicles and see the x plan price. Its very simple to search the dealers in your area.

Does anyone know when you order a vehicle under the X Plan if the dealership can charge you for advertising, fuel charges and Company administrative fees. Are is this something that is at each dealerships discretion and have to be negotiated?

Here is the quote from the email I got:
"Dealers are permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless prohibited by state law (please see the AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement for more information)
In addition, a $275 administration fee is included in the Plan price to cover the costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program (this amount should NOT be added to the X-Plan price). This fee is separate from the $100 document fee dealers are permitted to charge"

Back