• Register Today It's free!

X ra's

rngmStr

Reaction score
City, State
Pacific NWest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer X
Only running 2" Skyjacker springs on my X, going for some more travel out of the front end............. disconnect swaybar, pick up some F-250 shock towers, longer shocks, xtend brakelines...........wanting to Xtend my RA's

got this reply from TRS

"With only 2" lift, I dont think the arms will clear the frame with the suspension compresses. unless you have 4" or more extended RA's arent going to make a diff. I am pretty sure there would be no need for caster correction in the arms since they will be mounting to a lower point on the frame that will account for the 2" or lift."

as far as arms hitting frame....... could one pick up some Rancho arms mounts? and built the arms to suit......... these mounts position the arm to the side of the frame

THX

I don't have the answer to your question at this time, but I recently purchased the James Duff extended Rad arms and have the same 2" coil on my ex. I am going to be installing these arms soon and will let you know what does/doesn't hit.

You def. will gain a bit of travel, have a smoother ride, and have better steering response with the correct caster. You could certainly build them so that they would not hit the frame, you'll just need to take some measurements first. If you need a set of Rancho RA mounts, I have a set for sale, PM me.

Back