Body Work & Detailing | Page 252 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Work & Detailing

Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.

I do hate that premature fading on all the exterior black plastic on my explorer. "Glass Door" grrrrrrr! ArmorAll is useless. So half seriously, I popped an email to "M" and asked them what they had. Turned out the he suggest a new product that just came out - Trim Detailer. Problem is that it is only currently available in TX and some WalMarts, none in NJ. So I told the guy I couldn't find it anywhere in my area and he sent me a free sample. I was impressed. You use very little, it seems to be holding up great and leaves a nice shine. I liked it so much (and not to be a freebee grabber) I bought two more bottles ($3 each, couldn't go wrong) when I ran across it at show at Carlisle. I gave one to my daughter's...
I am finally coming to terms with the end of the beautiful weather and the coming of the snow,slush and junk. Fishing season is just about over...sigh! Right about the time I put my rods away I know its time to do some detailing to prep my truck for the winter. Aside from a good cleaning and coat of Meguiar's, is there anything else I should do? How about protecting the wheels?
Ok.. For those of you who were following my body lift instal, you know it didn't go very smooth. I put 2 nice gashes about 1" long and 1/3" deep on my elbow. Of course I was man (stupid) enough to ignore it until I was done working. When I was done I noticed some blood stains on my leather seats. That was all about 2 weeks ago. Since then I've been busy and lazy and haven't cleaned it. So now.... what is the best way to clean my leather seats and get the blood off in the process???
Hello, I've got a 92 Green XLT 4-door. This truck probably hasn't been waxed in 4 years. The paint is not oxidized (yet), but is quite dull. Is there anything in particular I should be aware, or process to follow to do the best job possible in restoring this paint? Truck is almost always parked indoors or in the shade which has helped the life of the paint...but I'm ready for it to look better! Thanks for any help.
ok well im a softmore, and you can only park in the parking lot if you have a sticker and your a junior or senior. but this dude lets you park across the street in his field for $1 a day. well like i got a huge cow pattie on my new all terrians today, and it got all in my fender well too. spraying it off didnt work . what to do!!!!!!
good afternoon, I'm new and this is my first post. i recently traded in my 1993 explorer XLT for a sharp loaded black 1999 explorer XLT. From my reading on this board and other research, I have decided to detail it with the ZAINOS line of products. Also, to use 303 on the interior. I was hoping you could recommend products for my tires, the leather interior, and the cleaning and treating of the windows. Thanks in advance for your time and posts.
I was just curious if anyone has gotten one of these deals, and if so, how do you like them/how much did they cost? I'm kind of interested in tinting the windows because of my stereo system, and would like to have keyless entry (which can be done on a '91, right?). Thanks!
Hello, I had some Olive Green and Desert Tan paint mixed at the local paint supply house. To match the colors they had me spray some sheet metal with the spray cans that I wanted to duplicate. They then ran the samples through the PPG matching machine. However I want to confirm that the match is good before I have the beast sprayed. I took the cans, stirred them up really well (I think..) and brushed a section on my original samples. The paint has dried for 12 hours now and it does not look close. I would describe it as creamy.. Note that it is still very tacky. Should I have mixed in some of the reducer and hardiner before testing? I'm probably going to swing by the shop in the am to get their opinion and help...
Back