How To: Repair a 1st Generation 4x4 Electric Shift Module. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Repair a 1st Generation 4x4 Electric Shift Module.

Can you check if it's working before pullingit apart?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

see if it clicks when you push 4x4 button or unplug both plugs on it and turn the key to run and press the white test button if it flashes its good

see if it clicks when you push 4x4 button or unplug both plugs on it and turn the key to run and press the white test button if it flashes its good

Is this white button on the Shift Module? I recently bought 94 Explorer, 4WD buttons don't work (sometimes, Dash Illumination behind the buttons is on; press a button, Dash Illumination goes off, although there is clicking heard from the back). Leads me to believe there is a short somewhere inside the switch (also 4x4/Low Range lights do not illuminate on the dash although the bulbs appear to be fine).

I thought about taking the switch apart, however I figured I'd examine all possibilities before doing so, in case it isn't broken.

Hey guys I have a 92 ranger can anyone help me with the location of the shift control module???

Back