• Register Today It's free!

Nuetral safety switch

Jfoster101

Reaction score
City, State
Crockett
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 for explorer xlt atr
I have a 2007 explorer v8 with the 6r60 transmission.
I have looked for 5 hours for where the nuetral safety switch/position sensor is at.
It is NOT on the control arm on the drivers side of the transmission.

Between the ignition switch and the starter relay the volts go from 12 to 10. Power should run through this switch whereever it is.please help me. 6r60 transmission control arm comes out of the trans to a plastic piece to a cable all the way to the shifter. No electronics that i can see

Its on the valve body, you will have to remove the pan and valve body to replace it.

Check with your local Ford dealer on price and availability.

Here it is shown bolted to the valve body, the new lead frame will come with the range sensor, you can try and clean the range sensor to see if it will clear up any issues you might be having. The range sensor has a tendency to have build up of metal on the magnets in the sensor and this may cause them not to function properly.

6R80 Valve body.JPG

excuse my ignorance about the 6r6, does this trans have a range sensor? DTRS (digital transmission range sensor)
If so that IS the neutral safety switch

excuse my ignorance about the 6r6, does this trans have a range sensor? DTRS (digital transmission range sensor)
If so that IS the neutral safety switch

Yes it is, everything internal same as many manufacturers over the past several years. The TCM, input output sensors and range sensor is all on a conductor plate. Along with a solenoid strategy that has to be followed when replacing individual solenoids. Good times. Lol!
Brad

Back