How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Below are two modules for pertaining to the HD Radio string. The top one is without HD, the bottom, with HD. These vehicles are both 2015 models. This is in reference to the above post by 1995E. The top string is from my Ex as I don't have HD yet. I'm putting this up because, while it may be redundant, I'm a dummy and new to this stuff and I want a reference to look at within this post without having to go back and forth looking up stuff.:D

727-01-01 1A01 3808 008B No 00011010 00000001 00111000 00001000 00000000 10001011 EB5T-19C107-HB, EB5T-14D100-BB, EB5T-14D099-HB

727-01-01 12A0 F000 00D2 No 00010010 10100000 11110000 00000000 00000000 11010010 EB5T-19C107-JB, EB5T-14D100-CB, EB5T-14D099-JB
When you get a different ACM you have to reprogram the HD one with your as built except one bit. Change the 1A to 12 and the rest your as built in your non HD acm. Hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was mainly looking for the Climate controls under the navigation tab, but I wouldn't mind the Temperature either.

I'm assuming this is what you all are referring to for temperature? Sorry for mr. blurrycam
gG3cb30l.png

If you're willing to try it out, give this a go:
IPC:
720-05-01:
XXXX-xxxx-xxzz
D8B8 (Default w/Navigation)

Let me know if it works! Thanks!
I tried this on my 14 Sport w/Nav. and the 720-05-01 line does not exist. It stops at 720-04.

Also I can confirm that enabling Fog with Highbeams on a 2014.
BCM 726-11-01 xxx2 xxxx xx Enables
726-11-01 xxx1 xxxx xx Disables

Also Enabling the Equalizer on a 2014 Sport with Sony HD Radio works from this spreadsheet...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

I am still looking for a way to enable autofold mirrors when the car is shut off, enable the climate control on the right instrument cluster screen, and enable the Enhanced Trip computer.

Also I can confirm that enabling Fog with Highbeams on a 2014.
BCM 726-11-01 xxx2 xxxx xx Enables
726-11-01 xxx1 xxxx xx Disables

Also Enabling the Equalizer on a 2014 Sport with Sony HD Radio works from this spreadsheet...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

I am still looking for a way to enable autofold mirrors when the car is shut off, enable the climate control on the right instrument cluster screen, and enable the Enhanced Trip computer.
I too am wanting the mirrors to fold on lock and the climate in the IPC. Trip would be nice as well.

When you get a different ACM you have to reprogram the HD one with your as built except one bit. Change the 1A to 12 and the rest your as built in your non HD acm. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. I went out yesterday to see if I could bring up the soft HD button and it didn't happen because I have a Human Interface 3. Trying to change the bits, 1A to 2A, just brings up an error message. It helped me understand that changing these bits can only be done with a HI4 unit. However, I'm not sure about this statement: "and the rest your as built in your non HD acm". Are you saying that the following bits that don't match must also be changed?

Thanks for this. I went out yesterday to see if I could bring up the soft HD button and it didn't happen because I have a Human Interface 3. Trying to change the bits, 1A to 2A, just brings up an error message. It helped me understand that changing these bits can only be done with a HI4 unit. However, I'm not sure about this statement: "and the rest your as built in your non HD acm". Are you saying that the following bits that don't match must also be changed?
I'm telling you to program the HD ACM the same as your non HD with the the as built for your vehicle with one change in the first bit. Instead of 1A make it 12.

I'm telling you to program the HD ACM the same as your non HD with the the as built for your vehicle with one change in the first bit. Instead of 1A make it 12.

That's what I thought. That last bit threw some.:confused:

That's what I thought. That last bit threw some.:confused:
The reason being is you don't have the premium sound system so you want it programmed for what hardware you actually have. That one bit just enables to HD and then turn on the HD button on the APIM and you're good to go.

By 'premium sound' system, you mean the the 'Sony' system? Of that, you are correct. The ACM unit I ordered is on the way. With all this good info provided, it should make for an easy and painless install. Sorry if some of my inquires seem a little silly but, if anybody else is looking to do the same as me and others, it may ease the mystery of the process as I have found it to be that way, a mystery. The lack of information about what can be done to upgrade these systems from Ford has to be solved by us, the consumers. I don't plan on stopping with the HD ACM. I'm certain other components can be added from the OEM list. Just a matter of research. Thanks again, for your help.:thumbsup:

I'm getting an incorrect checksum error. Not sure if I should write it anyway...?

EDIT: Scratch that, it looks like it worked! I wrote it anyway. Now to figure out of I can get the temp on here.

If you're willing to try it out, give this a go:
IPC:
720-05-01:
XXXX-xxxx-xxzz
D8B8 (Default w/Navigation)

Let me know if it works! Thanks!

That's a pretty heft change from what I have already. You're referring to a 16' right?

In that block I have: 4DC5 BC30 1C44

To get the temp reading in the cluster also, you'll want to change to the below.
720-02-01 4D85 BC50 1E26

I finally received a cable to do some of the modifications I've seen on here, just to confirm...is it possible to do the changes from the F150 spreadsheet on a 2017 Explorer Sport if the numbers match up?

How consistent is ford comparing the explorer to the f150 in regards to forscan values?

Thanks.

I finally received a cable to do some of the modifications I've seen on here, just to confirm...is it possible to do the changes from the F150 spreadsheet on a 2017 Explorer Sport if the numbers match up?

How consistent is ford comparing the explorer to the f150 in regards to forscan values?

Thanks.

I'd try option by option. Some things may match like the IPC or APIM mostly. Just check for DTCs after you program it.

Also, back up your original values so you can load it back in.

I want to confirm the settings for the HD soft button and enabling the DSP surround. I added these to my APIM today. I want to caution not to make more than one change at a time for each feature. It doesn't work that way. One setting at a time. Since I don't have the HD ACM yet, I also want to report that with these changes, the tone controls and the fade controls do not work or show a change if they are adjusted. I suspect the addition of the DSP surround has something to do with that and when the HD ACM is installed they will return to functioning as normal.:thumbsup:

I'd try option by option. Some things may match like the IPC or APIM mostly. Just check for DTCs after you program it.

Also, back up your original values so you can load it back in.

Thanks, I did backup the (AS-BUILT) settings onto my laptop.

Just to confirm, the (AS-BUILT) settings will have the number values we need to change and the ones that don't have (AS-BUILT) are the ones the forscan team has already figured out...

For instance, changing the dark mode value to "1" or "Enabled" will enable darkmode and make the necessary changes in the (AS-BUILT) sections?

That is my understanding from the videos that I have seen...I just want to make sure prior to making changes as this is the first time I've messed with something like this.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks, I did backup the (AS-BUILT) settings onto my laptop.

Just to confirm, the (AS-BUILT) settings will have the number values we need to change and the ones that don't have (AS-BUILT) are the ones the forscan team has already figured out...

For instance, changing the dark mode value to "1" or "Enabled" will enable darkmode and make the necessary changes in the (AS-BUILT) sections?

That is my understanding from the videos that I have seen...I just want to make sure prior to making changes as this is the first time I've messed with something like this.

Thanks again for the help.

Yes. These are predetermined values that they have discovered to be 100% working.

Just purchased a 2016 Explorer Limited. One of the options that we would have liked, but it doesn't have is NAV. Just ordered a OBDII cable and NAV SD card and am anxious to try this out.

Will probably mess around with my 2012 F150 also.

Just purchased a 2016 Explorer Limited. One of the options that we would have liked, but it doesn't have is NAV. Just ordered a OBDII cable and NAV SD card and am anxious to try this out.

Will probably mess around with my 2012 F150 also.
That is strange. I did a 'Build & Price on both a 2016 and 2017 Limited and in both case "Voice-Activated Navigation System" was a standard feature included in the base 300A package.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is strange. I did a 'Build & Price on both a 2016 and 2017 Limited and in both case "Voice-Activated Navigation System" was a standard feature included in the base 300A package.

Peter

Hmm, not sure... Ours just has the "Information" with compass. Hopefully I can enable NAV pretty easily with FORScan, cable and SD card. :)

Next will be looking into how to add power lift gate. I know hardware will need to be purcahsed, so I'll need to find a parts list.

Would also like to add heated steering wheel.

Back