Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Front-End Vibration on Acceleration

Ok. My issue is not new. I already searched around on the forum and found a few people discussing this but no posted updates or "SOLVED" threads. I have a 2006 AWD. I have a vibration on acceleration (in pedal/front end). If you let-off and step into it again it goes away. Note also.. I do...
  2. E

Auto>Manual Swap. OSS 24-hole>VSS 12-hole. Speed Limit Issue

I have performed a swap from a 5R55W Auto Transmission (Stock 2006 Ford Explorer Auto) to a M05D-R1HD Manual (From Ford Ranger). The new manual transmission has a VSS in the tail housing has 12-holes. The stock OSS from my auto had 24-holes. I've adjusted the "number of holes in OSS" in my SCT...
  3. E

Lets do 4.56 Gears on this 4.0L 06'..

Hi All... Its decided... 4.56 gears going into my 2006 4th Gen XLT 4X4 4.0L V6. Now.... what else should I do at the same time? And what gears should I go with? Are there swap options from Jeeps or other stock Fords? I have access to lots of salvage but I will probably purchase new if swap...
  4. E

2006 explorer vehicle speed sensor location?

Any help would be much appreciated. Im looking for the VSS vehicle speed sensor location for the 2006 ford eexplorer XLT. I understand there may be two transmission speed sensors (maybe input and output speeds) and I understand there may be one in the transfer case. The transfer case has...
  5. E

4th Gen Auto 5R55 to Manual M5OD - progress (not a How-to)

Ok. This is NOT a how to. I will be working through this over the next 4 months and will be looking for advise/recommendations etc. During this time... I will be posting updates etc. Once completed, I will do a "how-to" write-up and include the link at the end of this "progress...
  6. E

How to: Red Neck Easy Fuel Pump - No tank Drop Explorer 4th Gen

I figure I should share my success with how I successfully swapped a pump in just under 1.5 hours. Not to mention... installed an access hatch that came in very handy only a few months later (had an unrelated evap tank vent problem that was quickly remedied). Note: Only the access...
  7. E

Radiator Fan - Electronic Clutch Question

hey all.. Love the forums! I've searched the entire internet high and low and can't find anything. Hope you guys can help! I have a 2006 XLT 4x4 explorer fitted with an electronically controlled radiator fan clutch. I would like to wire a bypass switch to engage my fan to high when needed...
Back