2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

I found the ETA doesn't mean jack until it is actually on train. I got multiple ETA dates after it got build and for a month it sat at the plant already built. It then changes to TBD listed in ETA spot. Finally called my dealership and made a little noise after others built after mine got shipped and received by other dealerships. Miraculously the same day i complained it got located and loaded on a train. Another on forum has had his sitting at plant for 2 months built but not shipped. Keep close track of your orders as the ETA dates they give are entirely subject to change with absolutely no reason or rational in the shipping methods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me and deant have the exact same build date and delivery date. I'm about 2000 miles from Chicago in the Seattle area.

Please let's not forget that even though we are very anxious to have our Explorers deliver to us at the time scheduled those are only ETA's . Fact is that most of the time (95%+) Ford may have those Explorers built and deliver at the scheduled times and in some cases I have read about some other members in this forum that they have picked up their Explorers at their dealers way ahead of the scheduled delivery while others had to wait much longer to get theirs. Let's not forget also that Ford's sales this year have increased by 15% and it has been mainly due to the new Explorers specially the high demand for the Platinum Edition. Trust me when I tell you guys that this wait for my Platinum is killing me but I know that great things come to those who wait and I know that hopefully my Platinum will be at my dealer the first week of November which is the ETA assigned to my dealer by Ford . And if I have to wait a little longer so bid , I waited this long so what's a few more days !
Hope you all can get your Explorers built and delivered as estimated and once you get them please do take a lot of photos and post them here for all to enjoy .

and I am in central Florida. It's too bad so many people like me have nothing better to do but trace a car shipment.I have done it on every car I have factory ordered.

I'll get a new visibility report Wednesday and it should transportation schedule and railroad car and who is tugging it. going to bed.

Almost here

According to Ford Service my Explorer Platinum Ruby Red metallic is in transit (on a NS train) with an eta to my dealer of 10/28/15. 9 days to go....

Just got word on mine today as well, thank you Tricia.

Currently in transit ETA of NOV 1st. Too bad I am still overseas and wont get to drive it until the end of November. Guess my wife gets to enjoy it for a while without me.

Please let's not forget that even though we are very anxious to have our Explorers deliver to us at the time scheduled those are only ETA's . Fact is that most of the time (95%+) Ford may have those Explorers built and deliver at the scheduled times and in some cases I have read about some other members in this forum that they have picked up their Explorers at their dealers way ahead of the scheduled delivery while others had to wait much longer to get theirs. Let's not forget also that Ford's sales this year have increased by 15% and it has been mainly due to the new Explorers specially the high demand for the Platinum Edition. Trust me when I tell you guys that this wait for my Platinum is killing me but I know that great things come to those who wait and I know that hopefully my Platinum will be at my dealer the first week of November which is the ETA assigned to my dealer by Ford . And if I have to wait a little longer so bid , I waited this long so what's a few more days !
Hope you all can get your Explorers built and delivered as estimated and once you get them please do take a lot of photos and post them here for all to enjoy .

Mine was at the dealer a little over a week ahead of the Ford ETA. However, even if you have to wait a little longer, the wait is worth it. These are great vehicles!!

once tracking says in transit, shipped convoy, how do you track from here?

You have to wait until a railcar number and railroad company is populated on the visibility report in order to track it further. The convoy number doesn't assist at all in tracking.

Where do you find the visibility report?

I have one printed and emailed to me each Tuesday. Your salesman or his sales mgr. can do it.

I have a VIN and ETA of 2-3 weeks. If you change anything color, or options, it will get pushed out, correct????

I have a VIN and ETA of 2-3 weeks. If you change anything color, or options, it will get pushed out, correct????
I think it may be too late to change anything. Here is a previous reply from FordService;

The answer is that once the order has been assigned a VIN and scheduled, you can’t change the options.

Peter

How long after the build before a status will be available?

I'll get a new visibility report Wednesday and it should transportation schedule and railroad car and who is tugging it. going to bed.

My Magnetic Platinum is scheduled to be built tomorrow!! How quickly should I be checking in for a visibility report/updated ETA? The current ETA is Nov 12-18 but am thinking it might get there quicker.

I get new visibility report every Tuesday. Don't want to be a pain to the dealer.

The site https://www.etis.ford.com updated today to show more details about by Explorer, and I thought this was odd:

"Ebony Black/Ebony Black Interior"

Despite my window sticker saying "NIRVANA LTHR MED SOFT CERAM"

Any thoughts?

The site https://www.etis.ford.com updated today to show more details about by Explorer, and I thought this was odd:

"Ebony Black/Ebony Black Interior"

Despite my window sticker saying "NIRVANA LTHR MED SOFT CERAM"

Any thoughts?

Supposedly, it's just a default line description.
I also saw the same description, when looking up a Platinum that my dealer has on order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It refers to dash and I believe the floor.

Back