Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by dmac0923, October 4, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rwenzing

rwenzing Active Member

City, State:
      Michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      03 Ranger FX4 LII 5.0 S/C
      Lamp Flash Code 2-5 is for a problem in the Passenger Airbag Deactivation switch. Probably caused by the monitoring circuit detecting incorrect resistance.

The fix would normally be a replacement PAD switch assembly. If you're handy with electronics, take a look at this:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/63758-airbag-code-25-pad-switch-repaired.html

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. nk321810

nk321810 New Member

City, State:
      The Plains, OH
      03 Ranger Edge 4X2
      another code 4-6 resolved

Just got an 03 ranger edge 4x2 super cab. Restraint warning light came on the very next day. Read this thread, unplugged the connector and cleaned it...problem solved!

4. estacy02

estacy02 New Member

05 ford explorer
      Code 4 2

I have an 05 Ford Explorer. The airbag light stays on. When I first start the vehicle, it flashes 4 times, pauses, then flashes 2 more times. It does this about 3 or 4 times, then stays on continually. What does this mean?
      Also, I cant get the gps to work anymore, and I cant see anything on the radio, the radio works, but the screen is black, what could cause that?

5. nk321810

nk321810 New Member

City, State:
      The Plains, OH
      03 Ranger Edge 4X2
      I d google the code 4-2 for your year of explorer and see what comes up. Radio probably just needs replaced.

6. acrx7

acrx7 Member

City, State:
      Milford , MA
      1999 Ford Explorer
      99 Ford Explorer code 36

Hi guys , I bought a 99 explorer about a month ago , I kept hearing a noise like the door chime , I look it up and found out that it was the airbag light blown , so I replace it and now I get code 36 , I took the plug under seat spray it with WD-40clean it as best I could but the light still on with code 36 , the owner replace the front seat with leather so I don't know if it needs a resistor ? any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you

7. ENeal

ENeal New Member

2012 Ford Explorer
      Hi everyone. I have a 2012 Ford Explorer. The air bag indicator light came on last night and hasn't gone off since and it doesn't flash when I turn the car on. It lights up with all other indicator lights when I turn the ignition, goes off for approx. 4-5 seconds and then comes back on and stays on continuously. Any idea what could be causing this??

8. maverick72

maverick72 New Member

City, State:
      O'Fallon, IL
      03 Ford Explorer EB 4.6L
      Any suggestion for the 1-9 code? I unplugged the yellow connecter under the drivers side seat and it looked completely clean nor do I know how to clean it as it looks completely clean anyways. I also do not have a fuse puller so I could not check the 2 and 26 fuses. Do I need to buy one to check the fuses or is there something else that needs to be checked? Thanks