• Register Today It's free!

air bag light

leslie55

Reaction score
City, State
livingston scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
hi can anyone help my airbag light on the dash has come on when i switch on the ignition it flashes twice and then another five times does anyone know how to reset it as it is not operated by the light off system any help would be apreciated many thanks les ps i have a 2000 ford explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WWW.Veryuseful.Com has a list of these codes. I didn't see a code 25 listed. Could you count again to make sure it was 25?

hi i have rechecked it what is actually hapening is when i turn on the ignition the air bag light flashes 5times then there is a pause then it flashes 2times then it goes through the seqense again. cheers

Check to see if the fuse blew. If the fuse is OK, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and reconnect it. A code scanner has a function which lets you clear the codes without disconnecting the battery.

Check to see if the fuse blew. If the fuse is OK, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and reconnect it. A code scanner has a function which lets you clear the codes without disconnecting the battery.

cheers but forsome reason the air bag is not in that system so cannot clear it with a code scanner. but i will try disconecting the battery to see if that helps cheers

Hi
I seem to remember that you have to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to clear the ECU codes, this allows all the capacitive charge to dissipate and leaves it without power thereby resetting it.
Maybe the EX is a bit different but 30 minutes has been advised to me for a Mondeo etc.....
Good luck and please let us know how you get on..

Keith

Hi
I seem to remember that you have to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to clear the ECU codes, this allows all the capacitive charge to dissipate and leaves it without power thereby resetting it.
Maybe the EX is a bit different but 30 minutes has been advised to me for a Mondeo etc.....
Good luck and please let us know how you get on..

Keith

hi keith tried it for 30 then 60 min not worked still showing 52 code looks like i will have to put it into ford cheers les

I also remember that the Mondeo forum suggested that the fault on my Mondy could be a bad connection on one or both seat base connectors. I undid both connectors and then reconnected them (giving them a bit of a wiggle as I pushed them home) and low and behold...... Flashing lights went out.... Result.
As previously suggested, check for blown fuse and then maybe try this before going to pay £70 per hour for someone who knows less than you do about your car :rolleyes:

Keith

I also remember that the Mondeo forum suggested that the fault on my Mondy could be a bad connection on one or both seat base connectors. I undid both connectors and then reconnected them (giving them a bit of a wiggle as I pushed them home) and low and behold...... Flashing lights went out.... Result.
As previously suggested, check for blown fuse and then maybe try this before going to pay £70 per hour for someone who knows less than you do about your car :rolleyes:

Keith

thanks will check les

The part under both seats is a resistor which does throw a code pretty often if there is a bad connection, or dirt on the contacts.

thanks will check les

put a pc. of black vinyl tape over that part of the dashboard, u won't notice it anymore..........hahaha :)

Back