Doors are frozen shut need help

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited
We ahd a thunder storm in my area a couple of nights ago and now it is 10 degrees.Now none of my doors will even budge:( Anybody got any ideas on how to open them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What really sucks is 95% of the time my truck sits in the garage,the only reason it was sitting out is so I could work on my motorcycle:(

How about the rear hatch? Crawl through and push the door out from the inside...My x is old, so I use a flat crow bar and gently pry around the door.

Do NOT use hot water or such because it will crack glass if it hits it. It will also re-refeeze and cause more problems.

I already tried the rear hatch:( I cannot even turn the handle:(

silver stripe is here to save the day.
I live in canada , so this stuff is second nature.
Here is a easy handy secret i do.

get a spray bottle, like a windex bottle ect.......
fill it with the blue winter windows was.

spray it in the crack around where the door closes.
spray lots, the stuff is cheap, and does not harm the paint, let it sitt for a few mins. and dont reef on the door, if you need, add more, reefing just rips the rubber off the door.

This is vary handy, and cheap, just remember that its not effective if you have it in the truck and have this issue. so keep it in the house ect.........

What is blue winter windows?

what about hot water?yeah its only a temporary solution but atleast itll get u in there

It's windshield washer antifreeze. You can get it at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc

I think he means blue windshield washing fluid!

Originally posted by PicoG4
what about hot water?yeah its only a temporary solution but atleast itll get u in there
Thats an OLD trick! Just be sure you don't break a windshield or window!

Cool I am going out to get some,I have to go out to wally world anyway.Thanks for the help guys:D

id be worried about pouring windshield fluid all over my paint i think that stuff strips wax

Try cold water

Hot water will only crack your glass. Not to mention it will make the problem worse because it will freeze. Hot water freezes much fater than cold water. You'll get it partially open and then just have it frozen with even more ice if you use hot water.

bingo,
the blue window wash.
not fluent in the us, but we have 2 colors up here
blue for winter and red bug wash for summer.
the red stuff freezes up in the winter.

i use it all the time, just did yesterday
and it does not bother the paint, as when you spray it on the windows, do you think not a drop touches the paint !!!!!

its just a little messy, thats all.

Can you get it into the garage at all? If you could get it in the garage you could let it thaw overnight.

think nate:D if its in park than theres no way your pushing it... it has to be freezing out side also

the only way i think he can move it would be to jack it up put soem dolley's under the tires:D

Its also sitting on a incline and the sun never sees it becase it is sitting along side of my garage:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.... asdf

Back