help with trans temp monitoring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help with trans temp monitoring

Hi guys, I recently started towing a 2006 starcraft centennial popup with my 2006 mountaineer v8 premier. I installed the class 3 hitch, added the seven pin plug, setup trailer brake controller and installed a weight distribution hitch.. I think the setup works very well. The truck has 115000 miles and trans was not serviced to my knowledge. On our last trip I started getting the rumble strip feel. Trans shop is gonna do a rebuild for me as there is metal in the fluid and I want it right and try to get another three years out of her if I can. He also said he would put a better cooler on it for good measure.

My questions is trans temp monitoring. I am considering using the dash commander app. but I am going crazy to find what wifi obd2 sender to use with our apple devices, iPhone 5, iPad mini. l also considered the scan gauge2 but for the money the apps seem more helpful. I have researched and just get more and more confused. I was hoping someone can chime in and just tell me what they have that worked.... I am running out of time because we are going to take a big trip soon and I want to be able to monitor my new transmission. Any help is appreciated....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe bumping the thread up today will help find someone who does.

You might look into this for this for IOS.
Engine Link HD -OBD II vehicle monitor & diagnosis by K SOLUTION LLC
https://appsto.re/us/5yAbL.i
Have not used it but looks to have the capability to do what you need.

Is there a sending unit built into the 4R70W? I purchased a Bluetooth sending unit from EBay and in all other regards it works great sending data to my Android. But it won't read transmission temps, stating there isn't any info for that. This usually means the vehicle it is plugged into doesn't have a sending unit that is giving data to the EEC.
Yes, I know my 00 Explorer is a different animal than the OP 02. But it seemed a similar topic.

Sure is.
IMG_3326.JPG

So the problem is apparently my cheap OBDII reader from Ebay.

I have had good luck with the ELM327 wi-fi Wireless device.

Mine reads pretty much everything but the transmission temps.

I've been very happy with an OBDLink MX Wi-Fi Scan Tool. Also, the Forscan app (free) for iPhone, available for PC and Macs too is a must. OBDLink MX scanners can communicate with everything, epically when using with Forscan.

Back