Jeep stuff we can use? Seriously.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jeep stuff we can use? Seriously..

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..We all know that the Jeep world has everything aftermarket for their vehicles that you can think of while the Ranger and Explorers have to modify, fabricate, or borrow from other vehicles..

..What Jeep items have you found or used on your vehicle?

..When looking for parts for the 8.8 rear axle's I've come to find you can get almost any part from a jeep aftermarket fabricator like our Vendor RuffStuff (who also make Ranger/Explorer stuff) or Currie Ent. (all Jeep stuff) due to the 8.8 swap to jeeps being so popular..

..I also found when looking for an odd, stock, speedo gear with more teeth that Ford does not make, I was able to find a Jeep part that worked..

..And for the Atlas, it takes a Jeep speedo gear itself..

..But I'm sure others have used many Jeep parts in their builds that would help others having a hard time finding parts for their projects..

..If we can't find the parts from Ford or aftermarket Vendors, you gotta do what ya gotta do and sharing these parts can help us all..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Dana 35 Trac lok for a rear jeep dana 35 in the Dana 35 TTB front (Ranger X had it in his ranger before me)

Some places even show explorer TTB on their list of applications for the Dana 35 Trac lok.

RuffStuff has a 8.8 axle "install kit" which when I bought it sated for installing the Explorer 8.8 into a Jeep rear. It has the perches, u-bolts, u-bolt plate, shock mounts etc.. On top of that, RuffStuff has an EF discount now (of course, after I've bought almost everything I need from them)..

~Mark

Yes I do. The XJ is the same width as the Explorer at the front. Had to cut the front of the frame off and make new mounts. It was made by Protofab out of Arizona.
IMG_20140805_161153_560_Large_.jpg

You can use a YJ / TJ front prerunner bumper on a 95-01. On the 98+ there is a ridge on top of the frame rail that makes the bumper fit nice and snug. You only need to make some tabs to bolt it on securely.

You do need to cut about 4" off the frame rail for it to fit tight

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

I have a jeep wagoneer Dana 44 front axle in my ranger. It is slightly wider then a ranger and the diff offset lets it tuck nicely in between the frame and engine cross member.

I've got a winch bumper for a YJ made by Barnes 4x4 on my Ranger. Made some slight modifications to make it fit and added tubing since this pic was taken. Sadly it doesn't appear they make this style anymore, only a more angled plate steel version.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 997

I have a Tuffy box for a TJ in the back of my Bronco II.

Steve

Let me go take some and try to remember how to load to photobucket then up to here.

Steve

dana 30 front axle, 8.8 and d30 diff covers from Rusty's , wheel spacers ordered from quadratech , my compressor and all my winch accessories and tire deflation tool ordered from Jeep site. Also have a license plate mount that goes threw the center of my spare tire that is for a jeep

..Any more stuff we can use?

..Any more stuff we can use?

You could use any of these kits if you wanted to link your rear 8.8

http://www.artecindustries.com/Ford-88_c_168.html

You can also use Jeeps for winch points when they are broken down on the trail, or you need to pull them over something that your SAS'd coil over Explorer just went up with the greatest of ease (true story, bro). :D

In using a full width 8.8 from a bronco or f-150, currie can custom drill new rotors for the 5.5 X 5 pattern. They have 8.8 rotor blanks to drill from.

You could use any of these kits if you wanted to link your rear 8.8

http://www.artecindustries.com/Ford-88_c_168.html

You can also use Jeeps for winch points when they are broken down on the trail, or you need to pull them over something that your SAS'd coil over Explorer just went up with the greatest of ease (true story, bro). :D

..Did you use Mike as a winch point again?..:D

In using a full width 8.8 from a bronco or f-150, currie can custom drill new rotors for the 5.5 X 5 pattern. They have 8.8 rotor blanks to drill from.

..Funny you should mention Currie..I spent most of yesterday at their shop grabbing some build pics for the Expo, SEMA, and their new Ultra4 car by Cambell Ent. and I just happened to grab a shot of the machine your talking about..:biggthump

DSC0075b1.jpg

..Did you use Mike as a winch point again?..:D

On the last day of our Mojave Road adventure. We ended up staying over at Calico and I winched him once over a ledge that his short wheel base would not allow him to get over, and he used the Explorer for a winch point as a precautionary measure to keep him from going over the side at a particularly dangerous spot where again, his short wheel base was not helpful.

..Is he and his Jeep going to TH?

..We could test fit some of his parts out there..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back