B&A Perry's Fenders! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B&A Perry's Fenders!

Yes, I know the pics suck, but I wanted to get some up for y'all.

Before:
2235splat3.jpg

2235splat2.jpg

After:
2235dscf0003.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your X in a parking deck or something or is that a garage?

He lives on an island, that is prolly under his house or something.

Looking good alec!

Robb

EDIT!!!!! the X looks good

Move out of the pic Alec, we can't see the fenders we're supposed to be admiring! LOL :p
Looks real good! Are you painting soon?

awesome! cant wait to see how it looks after you paint them, but it looks truly awesome!

Looks good, You should paint them now! You look like the ricer kids driving arround with with body kits. LOL, :p Seriously the Perry Fenders are awesome!

looks good I think you should go for the police truck look, two panels are white already, andyou got hte light.
Supercharged lifted big tire Nitrous injected explorer police vehicle :)

looks good! i wonder if I could use the older trim instead of the huge 2" grey flares that are on my 2000 model.... because i know the newer rear flares would look funny with perrys glass fenders

Ummm... Who's that dorky looking guy in the first after picture? :rolleyes: :D JK!

I think you should paint the fenders, then they'll be sweet!

alec,

that looks awesome!

i noticed a lot of people suggested that he paint those fenders, but i think its a safe assumption to make that hes not going to leave them like that, heh.

Originally posted by tbomb
alec,

that looks awesome!

i noticed a lot of people suggested that he paint those fenders, but i think its a safe assumption to make that hes not going to leave them like that, heh.

we all know hes going to paint them because of his old post about painting them, but more than half of the time people dont paint their fiberglass fenders for awhile if at all.

cant wait to see it all black!

My vote is to paint them (even though it's not my truck). My neighbor down the street has had the white front fenders on his Maroon Ranger for the three years he has lived here.

they're for sure going to get painted, it's just a matter of when.

thanks to all for the kind words!

Was it hard to install? Cus I remember Chris said they had to weld something to install his.

Took about 5.5 hours, some Jack-in-the-Box, and some mosquito bites. It was time consuming, but overall very easy. They didn't fit perfectly; had to be trimmed in some places and leave gaps in others, but overall very easy. All hardware that was used was stock reused hardware; the new fenders each have 2 less mounting points than the old but are still on there very well.

Rubbing was reduced 80%, and will be totally gone after I trim the remaining stock panels there to match the new fenders.

We took the old fenders off, attached the new ones via holes drilled in the front by the headlights, then did all the holes from the front back, ending up by the side skirts.

What about your inner wheel liners? did you ditch them, keep them, cut them, what?

Reason I ask is most people get the big ol 6" fenders and remove their plastic fender skirts, I plan to keep mine since I like to keep the dirt and mud under control and my AutoFAB's are only a 3" bulge so I bet they can be retained fairly easily.............looks good!!!

hey ray... they didnt NEED welding, but perry told me about some extra welding they did but i dont really know if he was just throwing guff at me expecting i didnt know what he was talking about. im gonna look for welding under there in a little bit just to see if and what he welded.

The inner wheel liners where cut about 50%. Kept the inner 50%, removed the outer half. They have molded contours in them for strength, and I tried to cut at those so their edges remain rigid. I had to improvise a few new mounting points with plastic rivets to keep them still.

Aldive, I probably wouldn't have posted installation info if I didn't do it myself; do you always know what your mechanic has for lunch? :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, and what the hell did they weld if they're fiber fenders?

Back