Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Whew ! ! ! Now, since I've executed all this prep work, I should expect full catastrophic failure during the trip. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Departing for Utah in about 60 hours. . .

On the contrary, since you have it, you won't need it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WAIT, 60 HOURS!!! That's like 4am this Thursday the 25th :mattmoon:

WAIT, 60 HOURS!!! That's like 4am this Thursday the 25th :mattmoon:

Yup. . . Doing a "Utah National Park Tour" starting off in Zion, then working my way East (Bryce / Capitol Reef / Escanlante / Canyonlands). Besides, need to beta-test and refine the adventure trailer, so the plan is boondocking on BLM lands most of the way until pulling into Canyonlands on the 5th . . .

Need to get away.

Paul
'91 Sport

Yup. . . so the plan is boondocking on BLM lands most of the way until pulling into Canyonlands on the 5th . . .

Need to get away.

Paul
'91 Sport

Now that's my kinda trip. Wish I was going. My trip to Hanksville was moved back to May 18th. I have other stuff going on back this way so I won't get out that way to drop by. Stay safe and enjoy.

Good news, got Shade all buttoned up last night with a new torque convertor, tcc shift solenoid, filter and fluid, and he shifts wonderful now, better than even before my troubles with tcc lockup. Also took this time to replace the shift motor on the transfer case and it is operational now as well. So looks like shade will be going to moab after all!

That's great to hear Russ:chug:

I think I'm getting too old for pulling transmissions lol... I am so ready for this trip all I have left is an oil change, wire in the new cb, and pack.

That's great to hear Russ:chug:

Thanks Rick! I so look forward to actually meeting yea in person and seeing your truck! I really want take a good look at all those electronics in it lol

And would y'all believe that the reason the tranny failed the way it did weas because the bracket that is spot welded to the TCC solenoid case brock in half, allowing the solenoid to move in its bore. I've never seen that happen!

Post 373 forward
Participant list update
Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 1 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer -----Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn ---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ------------ 2 for dinner
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Pack Dog ----------? for dinner
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ? ----------------- 1 for dinner
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
GJarrett ---------- Explorer ----- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ----------- 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ Area BFE---------- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog? --------- 1 for dinner
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Turdle ------------Mountaineer - Up the Creek CG- - ? ------------------ Scrawny Pack Dog -- 1 or 2 for dinner
Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 8th---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog
Benji-Man --------- Explorer ----- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 9th --- Scrawny Pack Dog -- 2 for dinner
Paul -------------- Explorer Sport Canyonlands -------Arriving May 9th --- - Big Pack Dog ------ 2 for dinner

Maybe;
Tbars4 - Explorer or Ranger???
Brian1 - Explorer
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 6 for dinner
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
JTX - Explorer -
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

If I got something wrong, sorry, correct me

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Running dinner total 29

We had a brief discussion about trails at DWD's shop yesterday. Here isthe tentative plan for the NW crew arriving early;
Monday - Elephant Hill
Tuesday - Kane Creek
Wednesday - Poison Spider Mesa/Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike
Thursday - Moab Rim
Friday through Sunday somewhat open but suggestions
- Cliff Hanger
-Steel Bender
-Metal Masher
-Pritchett Canyon

I may be pretty worn out by the weekend and choose 'tamer' trails but this is a start.

Ok so im back in for sure just a bit shorter....ill be arriving on the 9th and leaving on the 12th......35s and locked in the rear. Staying in a cabin at canyonlands.......oh ya and stoked as hell to get there and meet everyone.

Wow, we were having a pretty chilly month of April until now! Temperatures just jumped from the mid 50's to 86 in Moab by Monday!

..Hopefully Paul will start checking in with pics and info since he is already on his way I believe..

..Two weeks from today is when most everyone else should be there..:eek:

..I'm still last minute on knowing if and when but work is piling up like crazy for around the 10th for me..:rolleyes:

..:shifty_ey ..But I have been known to "Escape" before and just show up at the last minute..at least that's my daydream I've had for the last month..:burnout:

..Hopefully Paul will start checking in with pics and info since he is already on his way I believe..

..Two weeks from today is when most everyone else should be there..:eek:

..I'm still last minute on knowing if and when but work is piling up like crazy for around the 10th for me..:rolleyes:

..:shifty_ey ..But I have been known to "Escape" before and just show up at the last minute..at least that's my daydream I've had for the last month..:burnout:

Paul was/is at Parowan Gap as of last night.

Utah Teasers . . .

Not a great connection, but here are a few . . .

Washington State to Parowan Gap (boondocking site), a bit over 1K miles, 19 hours. This morning with the trailer:
Parowan Gap - M.O.A.B.jpg

Warm and sunny!

Paul
'91 Sport

Paul was/is at Parowan Gap as of last night.

And Zion today. . .
Bridge Mountain
Zion - Guardian.jpg

Weeping Rock (with today’s primary transportation)
Zion - Weeping Rock (EPX).jpg

Paul
'91 Sport

I have been known to "Escape" before and just show up at the last minute..at least that's my daydream I've had for the last month..:burnout:

DO IT ! !

Last one. . .(Connection just too damn crappy)

White Throne
Zion - White Throne.jpg

Paul
'91 Sport

...Awesome pics Paul and greatly appreciated...:biggthump

...and dang, that trailer went from nothing to an expo rig in no time..When I get some free time I need to go back and find your trailer build thread...;)

..When everyone gets to Moab there is free wifi all over (like McDonalds and even the laundrymat) so no reason not to post up lots and lots of pictures for us web wheelers..:notworthy:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You know..:scratch:...it hasn't been mentioned but this is looking to be one of the biggest EF gatherings of RBV's..Ever..:eek:

Has anyone thought about doing a scenic group shot on Saturday And if so,where would you shoot it to fit all the vehicles?

Back