1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New Tires for 2007 Explorer, limited

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by Nitsoga, September 25, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Nitsoga

Nitsoga New Member

City, State:
      Cordova, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Explorer, limited V8
      I've read some of the threads and one thread kept recommending the Michelin LTX MS but I'm not sure if it was the Premier or Defender. Another thread stated Defender was better in snow and the Premier was better in wet roads.

I'm in Memphis, TN and we don't get a lot of snow. I would like a tire that is quiet and has great traction on wet roads.

Recommendations? Thanks.

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Christobal65

Christobal65 Active Member

City, State:
      Sacramento CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      07 Explorer V8- 01 Miata
      It really depends on what your use for the truck is. If you use it like a car the Premier LTX are a great choice. The Premier LTX are more of a CUV/Crossover style tire, we have them on our Outback. The Premier is their most current design. The Defender is their more traditional truck/suv tire design. I'd be more inclined to recommend the Defender if you load your truck up or tow with it, even though in the stock tire size they are rated to carry the same weight.