Planning Stages - Next Texas Run | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Planning Stages - Next Texas Run

Bummer

Wow this sux. I'm supposed to be working nights at my new job, but so far I have been 4am to 12 noon. Our week starts on Sat. If they don't change me over next weekend I'm SOL. I've got my fingers crossed. I wont know till Wed or Thur. :banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Quit man. Just quit. You don't need a job for money..... wait, dang it

Man you guys are the Bomb I hopf that i can wheel with you all very soon.
Laters.

Please take note of JohnStones Private Messages.
This is a Serious Explorations type run (as always) This is not a trip to the local mud hole or property. We will follow all park rules. We have been welcomed as a club everytime we have been to Gilmer by the staff. Lets keep it that way! All the frosty adult beverages will be left at camp for consumption when all wheeling is done for the night.

Please have your trail supplies ready and with you:
Spare Tire
CB
Spare parts
Tow Straps
Tow Points (both front and back)
Tent if your staying the night
All food and drink that you will be eating
*each person is responsible for their own food and drinks (water, etc.)

Thanks in advance. This will be a great run if everyone follows the simple rules.

Ok I thought I would just post this in case anyone was wondering the names of the trails I'll be running on Saturday and Sunday, well here they are.

Saturday 2's Nose Dive****************loose dirt and rock, very steep and is a bypass for airstrip.
On Any Sunday ***********slight inclines and creek crossings.
Desi Way Twait***********narrow winding, off camber
CM Drive****************steep creek crossing, small ravine & hill climb
Linda Gail Trail************Scenic ruts and washouts
Sierra's Skyview***********Scenic, winding, hill climbs

There they are for the 2's its not very many and we should run right through em pretty quick if you coming with me.

Saturday 3's Rock Garden*********************Large rocks, difficulty changes depending on line taken.
Old Town Trio*******************Hill climbs, loose rock, large ledges.
Sidewinder*********************Steep off camber hill climbs.
Binder Boulevard*****************off camber and steep hill climbs.
L&B Turnpike*******************Rocky Ravine, creek crossing.
Jeepy Hollow*******************HIll climb, Spring, Ledges.
Sunday Cruise******************Hills, Ravine, Water, Bridge.
The Politician******************winding trail, wooded area, loose rock.
Spider Ravine******************ravine crawl, tight turns, off camber.
Jeep Eater********************Old camp access hill climb rough terrain.
Clydes Ravine******************Ravine crawl, deep in some places and has bypasses.
Fun Country*******************off camber, hill climbs and has an optional ledge.
Twister***********************ravine crawls and crossing off camber.
Whatever**********************raviness, off camber and scenic area.

Ok there are the 3's I will be running on Saturday, remember atleats 31's tires recommended and one limited slip or locker should be in place in the front or rear diff.

sounds fine to me. :) i mioght skip rockgerden though. dont think the xj can handle that. :smoke:

Sunday 4's Wile E. Coyote *************Hill Climb, Lose rock and dirt, ledges and loose sand.
Chaos Canyon*************Steep - rocky and winding trails.
Shake Rattle & Roll *********loose rock, hill climb with ledges.
Houston Creek Trail ********Big ledge exit is considered a 5 bypass is a 3 if needed.
Saturday Night Live*********ledges, creek and wooded area.
Dewoody*****************hill climb loose dirt and rock, experience only, and a winch is pretty much required, if you roll on this its kinda like airstrip, you have a long way down.
Venom Loop***************Twisted trails, very tight turns, narrow trail.
Weenie World**************Hill climbs, off camber, big ledges and its exit is a 5 (no bypass known at this point).

4's well I figure those who want to do em pretty much know what they are getting themselves into. I hope I can do em all in two days, I believe we'll be able to. See ya there.

Oh and I have everything highlighted on my map so if anyone wants me to run em a coppy I can, just let me know. Note that its been about 8 months since I was at Gilmer and I'm sure some things could have changed on the trail so be prepared. :p

hey msupertek i think i will be trying to take my ex on the 2s and some 3s with u. im not going to garentee that i can make it :roll: , i will pro need some help ,i have never been to gilmer before. i got 33s and a limited slip but my tires are in sad shape. so whats going to be the entry price and cost to camp and run my ex? gosh i cant wait to go yepee! :bounce:

yah well i think we should TP joe's truck since he only has to drive about 20 minutes to gilmer :p :D

why ya gotta TP my ex :nono: jk so how do those 12s sound in ur ex bob? they should be loud as hell. they were when i had them and i didnt even have amp all tha way up. so bob u should take ur ex on the 2s and some 3s with me :)

I dont think he can do the 3s, being he's just 2wd. But then again thats what tow straps are for, so go for it. :burnout:

To be honest you can't do any 2's or 3's with a 2wheel, the climbs and ledges (even though not many) won't let ya make it. I think there is a 1 trail you might be able to make it through with a 2 wheel. Just because its a 2 doesn't mean you don't need 4wheel drive it just means that there are no major obsticles that require lockers or oversize tires, 4wheel is still needed on steep climbs. :thumbdwn:

We had originally posted that the 2wd's were to be left at camp. We have alot of folks driving in from pretty far to wheel. What happens is these folks that have driven and worked really hard to get their rigs ready spend the entire day dragging a 2wd through the trails. And I was one of those 2wd's at one time.
This run is for 4wd vehicles only. Please make plans to ride passenger with someone whom has a open seat.

I'll have an open seat and a half :D

Would anyone like T-shirts while I'm out there? I have white and gray of the last style T-shirt run. $10ea. If you're interested post what size you need.

Rick said:
Would anyone like T-shirts while I'm out there? I have white and gray of the last style T-shirt run. $10ea. If you're interested post what size you need.
Large.

joehernandez86 said:
why ya gotta TP my ex :nono: jk so how do those 12s sound in ur ex bob? they should be loud as hell. they were when i had them and i didnt even have amp all tha way up. so bob u should take ur ex on the 2s and some 3s with me :)

the twelves suck!!!!!

hehehe no i havent hooked them up yet. i oredered my amp kit and it should be here by wednesday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick said:

Rick,

I tried to call you Sunday on my way back from the 40th Anniversry in Nashville, I left a message.

Was hoping you would bring some shirts (gray and white med. for me, large if no med.) and some windshield stickers and rear window stickers or any other schwagg you might think of.

Have a safe trip call anyone of us if you need ANY assistance at all.

Back