May 4th-6th: Huge Run in Northeast Texas - Who's In? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

May 4th-6th: Huge Run in Northeast Texas - Who's In?

i'll probably camp...if that is an option out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm mailing my registration in this weekend. There is a KOA in Mt Pleasant 29 miles away that would have showers, etc.

How does everyone feel about having the group stay at the KOA? I've already called the TMTC and it looks like that's the closest campground with showers.

[Edited by GJarrett on 02-08-2001 at 11:41 AM]

KOA sounds good to me if everyone agrees to staying there! I think we should try and keep the whole group together.

sounds great to me, gerald.

My roomate knows some people that live just south of Gilmer and we were planning to stay with them, but camping as a groop sounds good also.

allright, gerald, i feel stupid, but i can't find anywhere in their site as to cost for entry to the trails. also, do i need to preregister for the koa? i am going to bring a ranger friend of mine, but we will only be bringing my truck. thanks.

I mailed my registration in today!

Doug, Mike posted the link on the previous page:

Dead Link Removed

That's the home club sponsoring the event, and the links to information and registration are there.

You have 2wd and if I were you I would call the property manager to see if a 2wd will survive on any of the trails. From talking with others who have been there my guess would be no, especially if it gets wet. If you get a locker installed in the rear you should be able to traverse the easier trails. The property mgr is Clyde Stanford, (903)845-6261 or (903)738-0002.

As I said before, I'll check it out myself in the next month to find out how the easier trails look. Registration is $65 for drivers but only $12 for passengers. Most of us will have plenty of room in our vehicles. You would be more than welcome to join along and ride with me (or anyone else, I am sure).

Yep we need to start getting resv at the KOA. I'll call mine in sometime this week.

Hmm, so should I register as a driver, or passenger. I'll probably have a Powertrax in Splat by then, so how much wheeling will I be able to do? I'm a pretty competent offroad driver, and have never gotten Splat stuck, even where a 4x4 (just found it was 4x) S!lverado got stuck. I also got through some mud that a 2wd (trac-locked) F150 got stuck in, and even got through some stuff that our camp Mule got stuck in! Its hard to stick a Mule, but even harder to stick Splat! hehehe. Can you tell I love my truck?

Guess I just answered my own question. We still have a few weeks to register, right?

Just talked to one of the officers.

This is a four wheel drive only event.

If you have 2wd, please show up and ride with us. We can still have a blast and fellowship at the KOA. Who knows, you might even end up trading in yours for 4wd afterwards ;)

[Edited by GJarrett on 02-13-2001 at 07:58 AM]

thanks for the info, gerald, i will still plan to come up there, along with maybe a couple buddies. i am just really looking forward to meeting up with y'all and putting faces with names.

BUMP!!!

Just wanted to remind everyone that plans to attend that the preregistration ends March 15. Lets show thoes damn J**pers that Explorers are more than soccer mom rides!

It turns out I won't be able to go to this event. My brother just bought a house in Houston and that weekend I'm going to be helping him fix it up. We're going to be doing cool stuff like chair rails, kitchen refinishing, moldings, and my favorite: electrical rewiring and additions. I might also install a new loo or two. And that linoleum in the kitchen has got to go! Time for tile ;)

So instead of getting a workout on the trails, Splat will be spending his time making runs to Home Depot and the lumber yard. Hmmm, I wonder how much two toilets in the back of the truck will improve traction?

Hello Everyone

This thread kinda died and the run is only two months away. I just re-read it and I am the only one who posted a confirmation that I actually sent in a registration and money to attend.

Let's get some confirmations here. I really want to see a showing of 4wd Explorers on the run.

Who is coming, has registered, and paid? And who w/2wd will still be coming out to camp and ride with us? Riders still have to pay a small fee but not much.

I don't want to be the only one that actually shows up, guys. This is a big run and I'd like to see a lot of 4wd Explorers out there!

I just sent in my registaration so I will be there I just hope the rain stops enough to dry it out a little bit.

I get paid on this week. I will finally get my registration on its way. Now let's hope I can afford to get my X ready in time.

Alrighty people, only one week away! Who's gonna be there with me?

I'll be there, but my X won't :mad: Ran out of time and money to get it ready. So I'm going to ride shotgun with my roomate in his Chrokee (unless someone has an extra seat in their X). See ya in TX.

Hey Gerald, BE CAREFUL out there! We need you in Moab! :eek:

:D :D

Originally posted by GJarrett
Alrighty people, only one week away! Who's gonna be there with me?

Gerald,
Is it too late to register? I would still like to go! Where are you staying?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, I plan on taking it easy. After all that body damage I got in Clayton last month I'll be careful. Just in case I take a couple of hits in Moab, I plan on waiting until after Moab before figuring out how to turn this last steelbending session into my insurance company.

Wes it's too late to preregister but I think you can still register at the event. Go to the previous page and link to the Southern High Rollers site and get information from them. Would love to see you there. Matching EB's would be pretty cool.

I still haven't decided whether to camp out on the grounds, or go to my parent's trailer at Cypress Springs Lake about 20 mi away.

Back