Rotunda Transmission Tester - Loaner? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rotunda Transmission Tester - Loaner?

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I am floating this to see if there is any interest. I am already loaning A4LD and soon 5R55 and 4R70W tools... I would consider "loaning out" a Rotunda transmission tester, but if I did it I would have some rather strict guidelines and need a deposit. All too often this is what would help someone rule in or out a transmission problem. I just HATE not seeing people have one available. Meanwhile mine sits idle 99% of the time.

Is there an interest? Is this worthwhile? Or folly? I am going to sticky this a while til I get a sense.

That's a very nice offer!

Well they go for about $1000, but stripped down to what you would need (a couple overlays and cables plus extension I'm probably risking closer to $750. But I just HATE seeing folks being taken to the cleaners by trannie shops, and all too often this tool would go a long ways towards answering some basic questions. We have some talented members here who if they had the proper tools could avoid those scams.... hence my post.

I am figuring this loan would be to established member of this forum, and they would have to provide some kind of deposit and an agreement to return it in good shape, etc.

Sounds like a great offer. Lets just hope its not needed very often. :)

P.S. Someday you need to tell me all about AODs. ;) (or at least the good book to get)

Back