The "I can't wait" thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

I can't wait because I have not even ordered a Limited yet. Not quite sure if I am getting a good/fair deal or not. Have to do my taxes, see how much I owe and go from there. Congrats on the new arrivals.

Jack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in the anxiously awaiting category as well. I have a new Explorer on order. We ordered it around the 15th of January. Apparently we have been told that our order is due to be "pulled" tomorrow. I am not sure what that means.

I hope to get a build date soon.

We are coming off of a lease on an Escape. This year, I can Lease the Explorer for the same as what I was paying for my Escape, which I think is a pretty nice upgrade. We did not get a Limited, as my wife HATES leather seating. We got a lot of bells and whistles, but could not get things like the BLISS system. Also, it would have been nice to get a more powered seat, but we will live with what we ordered.

Here's hoping to a quick build and delivery. I am glad I found these forums.

Dismania

Finally got my VIN from my dealer. I just looked up my window sticker with a link edge929 posted a while back.

I might be over excited!!! Bottom middle says 02 08 11 below the bar code. That is the real date it hits the line, right???? (Lots of punctuation shows I am excited)

Finally got my VIN from my dealer. I just looked up my window sticker with a link edge929 posted a while back.

I might be over excited!!! Bottom middle says 02 08 11 below the bar code. That is the real date it hits the line, right???? (Lots of punctuation shows I am excited)

Look at the number that is at the end of the string below the bar code (i.e. 01 31 11). That's the week it is "Scheduled" to be "Sent To Plant" and built. It can be any day that week that it actually built. No matter what, it means it is on it's way! :thumbsup:

Look at the number that is at the end of the string below the bar code (i.e. 01 31 11). That's the week it is "Scheduled" to be "Sent To Plant" and built. It can be any day that week that it actually built. No matter what, it means it is on it's way! :thumbsup:

So the 2/14 build date might be accurate.

Now, how do I track the truck it's on???? :D

Seni from Ford Customer Service (on this forum) may be able to do that for you. Not sure if he can get that level of detail.

I want the truck driver's phone number :D

So did I, especially last night when he was LATE! :mad:

But I got my Ex today. Only a handful of miles, but so far it is rock-solid. No rattles, and everything works! Great job, Ford!

Has anyone heard from Seni or Cory in the last few days? I've PM'd a couple times asking for an update since my truck didn't deliver on its 2/14 ETA. They're normally very quick to respond, but I'm guessing they're getting swamped with similar requests. I talked to my dealer again yesterday and he still doesn't have it. UGH!

Has anyone heard from Seni or Cory in the last few days? I've PM'd a couple times asking for an update since my truck didn't deliver on its 2/14 ETA. They're normally very quick to respond, but I'm guessing they're getting swamped with similar requests. I talked to my dealer again yesterday and he still doesn't have it. UGH!

No. My first time contacting them, so I didn't know a few day wait was abnormal.

I can't wait either - spoke to customer service today and mine is sitting at Markham Yard waiting on a train to Tampa.

Mine is in Chicago waiting. And I am here waiting...

Heard back from Seni and Cory today, my Ex rolls off the line on 2/23 and should be here by 3/7!!! I ordered on 1/28 so that's pretty good.

I'm not sure it was intentional, but the tortuous wait was a bloody brilliant marketing tool. It's made us all take to the net to "buzz" about it and I think we're all in need of diapers from wetting ourselves. I think I'm far more excited about the purchase now that I've been held in total anticipation as opposed to the usual I want it, I get it, I take it for granted motif.

Time to change my diaper!

It's funny because you go from massive anticipation/anxiety to massive worrying/anxiety. I can't park it without worrying about door dings even though I parked in the very back with no one around me. Hell, I'm fighting with a brand new CTS-V and Audi A8 (owned by our Exec VP no less) at my work for a secluded parking spot that is at the end of our parking garage. One side is concrete (being the corner and all) and the other side is about 4 thick metal posts usually seen by handicap spots. The closest any other vehicle can get to you is ~10 feet and those pillars are in between. It all depends on who wants to get up early that day and get the spot :rolleyes:

I figure once the Exec VP figures out who owns the new Explorer, I'll need to start looking for another job :D

It's funny because you go from massive anticipation/anxiety to massive worrying/anxiety. I can't park it without worrying about door dings even though I parked in the very back with no one around me. Hell, I'm fighting with a brand new CTS-V and Audi A8 (owned by our Exec VP no less) at my work for a secluded parking spot that is at the end of our parking garage. One side is concrete (being the corner and all) and the other side is about 4 thick metal posts usually seen by handicap spots. The closest any other vehicle can get to you is ~10 feet and those pillars are in between. It all depends on who wants to get up early that day and get the spot :rolleyes:

I completely get it, Edge. We have a few close-in spots that you have to bid for (proceeds to United Way) and they tend to be very safe from dings. The spots are labeled with the winners name, so there's no where to hide if you ding someone's car - folks are careful. I'm prepared to bid high to keep my spot!

Finally - picking mine up tomorrow! Original delivery was 2/7...

You guys are hilarious!! I thought I was the only one!! I absolutely love the X, I Have a few issues with it but I still love it!!

Heard back from Seni and Cory today, my Ex rolls off the line on 2/23 and should be here by 3/7!!! I ordered on 1/28 so that's pretty good.

I'm not sure it was intentional, but the tortuous wait was a bloody brilliant marketing tool. It's made us all take to the net to "buzz" about it and I think we're all in need of diapers from wetting ourselves. I think I'm far more excited about the purchase now that I've been held in total anticipation as opposed to the usual I want it, I get it, I take it for granted motif.

Time to change my diaper!

You never know David. My Ex's last system ETA was 2/20, but it was delivered 2/15, FIVE DAYS EARLY! Maybe time for another diaper... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are people still waiting to get one? The Ford dealer a couple miles from here has like 20 in stock and ready to drive away. lol.....

Back